London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
161 to 180 of 280 messages
20/05/2013 at 20:46
Woodgreen wonderboy wrote (see)

Thank you wise ol' Nut. I knew I could rely on you for my answer. Your weeding regime must be more energetic than mine too. Brains and brawn!!

I think it's more likely that the weeds are so big by the time I get to them that I don't notice the choice seedlings below,

20/05/2013 at 23:33

Had a good day at the allotment, whilst my wife had an even better day. She's doing a history of of the Arctic Convoys in WW2, and her Dad's part in it - he served on a cruiser, HMS Bellona, and she unearthed loads more info and pictures. She still lives in hope of finding a picture with him in it - unlikely, but would be nice. Usual story, Dad survived the war, never talked about it, and people never asked - now it's too late and she has spent a lot of time researching those terrible times. She's got loads of stuff, and today's finds have made her day - so we're both happy!

21/05/2013 at 20:50

This evening I could scarcely drag myself in from the garden; everything is on the cusp of happening. The air is mild, the birds are singing, I am so so pleased not to be living in a city anymore.

21/05/2013 at 20:58

I saw a large group of house martins swooping around over my head as I gardened today. I had been worried that I hadn't seen any alongside their cousins the swallows. However there they were.. the hawker hurricanes of the bird world, the swallows obviously the spitfires.  

21/05/2013 at 22:04

I got some plants out of pots and into the garden. I was very pleased on saturday when I planted a couple, but spoiled it later by going out and buying 3.

Get some more out tomorrow. 

24/05/2013 at 19:39

Made me happy too wonderboy, saw my first housemartins today

24/05/2013 at 22:23
Pennine Petal wrote (see)

Trying to work and the birds outside keep distracting, ...

Ah, they're there to help you. When you catch yourself asking the birds which branch you ought to cut next and at what height, it's time to put down the saw and step away from the hedge.

24/05/2013 at 22:45

House martins clearly working their way north and west, trying to avoid diabolical weather today in south-east. I had a long car journey and a visit to Water Perry Gardens, but rain stopped me going in. But I am stii happy because I am on my way to Chelsea tomorrow

25/05/2013 at 10:40

Enjoy Chelsea Woodgreen. I'm sure you may pick up a few things in the sell off this afternoon

25/05/2013 at 11:45

I am happy today, going home for a little while today, have been helping my dear family all week so it will be nice to check out all my plants and potter around, have a great day everyone, x

25/05/2013 at 17:39

Today I,m happy because it is warm and sunny and I did,nt need to cook as my OH took me out for lunch

25/05/2013 at 17:49

Sounds like a great day Gilly......I found this lovely little gem in flower when I got home day..

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24098.jpg?width=448&height=336&mode=max

Not sure how this photo will turn out....usually they are sideways when I submit with my comments.....anyway I have had a great day and enjoyed pottering.

25/05/2013 at 17:53

Photo is the right way up Flower bird

Its surprising where violas can seed.

25/05/2013 at 20:47

Hi, a very happy day at Chelsea, weather excellent and everything looked great considering it was end of a long week for the flowers and gardens. Some quirky judges decisions on the small gardens with a highly dodgy gold awarded alongside some incredibly mean awards to others. Ho-Hum, twas ever thus... if only they asked me to help.

Particularly impressed with Chris Beardshaw's "Arthritis" garden, deserved winner of the "People's Award".

Bought some Pleoinies for my Alpine House, off the AGS stand...very impressive and small enough to transport home easily.

One happy Bunny

25/05/2013 at 20:57

The countryside around here in the Fens is looking sensational at the moment

25/05/2013 at 23:02

One gorgeous day's weather out of ten terrible ones.

The minute the sun shines, everything seems better. There is life in the garden, the birds are merry, the foliage is vivid, the plants seem to have grown a little bit more and buds and blooms are erupting wall to wall.

Would still like to see more bees but on the whole, the sunshine is a welcome visitor!

26/05/2013 at 08:26

Pentillie I couldn't agree more

26/05/2013 at 09:14

Everything seems so much brighter when the sun shines.

Have plenty of bees Wintersong,have noticed especially large bumble bees.

26/05/2013 at 14:57

Big bumbles here too, mostly coming into the house though.

26/05/2013 at 20:47

Few bees around, but at the allotment this afternoon there was a cloud of about 60 red kites wheeling and fighting only about 20-30 feet above me - had to duck once as two of them swerved round me! Bit worrying as their wing spans are 5 feet or so! 

161 to 180 of 280 messages