Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Today I feel so happy....

I felt like starting this thread, as yesterday and today I have been saddened to read the threads such as 'what is happening' and 'no private club'. Some people have been so juvenile, and I am happy,happy, because in these two days, in springlike weather, I have planted beet root,more peas,early potatoes, and tidied the greenhouse which is full of rapidly growing veg seedlings. Let's be thankful that the weather is going to improve, the plants are going to grow, and in a few weeks,hopefully,sitting in the garden,in the warm sun,with a cold beer,this crap winter will be just a memory! How about a few more of you post some happy thoughts ( I know there have been plenty even on the two forums mentioned above ) - I've had enough of some of the doom and gloom caused by the few idiots stirring up the forum - so I'm happy,happy - I'm out of all this for the summer.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Yeah me too. The Shredder is playing up, my back is very very painful, the woodshed fell down in the snow, a badger has dug up and eaten every tulip in the bottom half of the garden. BUT the sun is shining, there are lots of flowers out and I can get out there and do things. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540

Afternoon Pentillie, brings a song to mind, sorry habit of mine and I can't seing, but love to. Happy talking, talking, happy talk ...... or even Always look on the bright side of life, de dum de dum, de dum, de dum. Sorry earworms will be in your head all day now.imageimage

Trying to work and the birds outside keep distracting, but they make me smile, as does my cat Rocky who is very affectionate, and the primroses in the gardenimageimageimage

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

pentillie- you're so right image

I have no compost bin here and wonder what people would recommend as a temporary measure until I get the garden organised and some permanent ones put in place. Always made wooden ones and had leaf bins as I had a lot of trees. Should I opt for a cheap wooden one or plastic?? All info gratefully received image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,028

I was so happy yesterday, lovely day, planted my potatoes and baby lettuces and oriental poppies. Today much colder, keeps raining - but I'm off to England tomorrow (weather or not)image 

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • tattiannatattianna Posts: 182

Oh how good to read something possitive here for a change. image So just for the record I too feel happy happy ,happy. So far I've had a lovely day doing what I want to do.No gardeneing for me today but I have enjoyed the last 30 minutes sitting in the conservatory looking out into the garden mentally planning what to do or change out there and watching the birds.  My OH is working happily upstairs in his office and I'm looking forward to my son returning home from his weekend away and hearing all about it.image So yes a very happy bunny here image

tattiana- I often reckon we don't stop enough  and just take it all in. When I hillwalked regularly it was astonishing how many people were just hellbent on 'Munro bagging' and didn't really seem to be enjoying the day and the walk itself. What's the point if we don't take time out now and again to survey our estate- whether it's 20 yards or 20 acres image

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Well, you can tell from my name on this site I go in for happiness blogging, so justchoose the threads with happymarion as instigator when you feel low.  I'll always do my best to be upbeat.

• Happy but broke, just ordered some tough touch gloves from Amazon (hope to goodness that these ones fit!), so that when they arrive, I can go to town on those damn brambles and see them off, before it's brambles 1, MMP1.

Can't believe a plant can be so evilly scratchy even when it's dead (or playing dead).  I will be back for the roots too, when I can see the bottom of the garden.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Thanks Hollie. I've made my own bins in the past but as I've moved and I'm going to be doing some building work I wanted a temporary solution but I also didn't want to buy something that would be useless. As you say turning it is the key. Always had great success with leaf mould -using a wire bin and also the black bag method.image