Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

tonight

Oh that's beautiful. You've had a decent day then? Non stop rain all day here.image

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Oh jo -that's beautiful. Worth all the rain image

Which hill is that?

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

How beautiful ....lucky Joimage

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Wow, what a beautiful photo Jo47.  Amazing view. What a joy to see such a beautiful scene every day. I bet the seasonal variations must be breathtaking. 

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,658

Oh WOW! Jo, what a fantastic view. Could just sit and look at that all day.  Is the view from your back garden just as beautiful?

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I'm just sitting down with a cuppa Jo47! Have been shredding grapefruits and lemons for marmalade for the last two hours!  My hands smell lovely! The instructions say to soak it for 24 hours. 

The strawberry jam went well but the elderflower and apple jelly reduced down to nothing so I had to start from scratch! It meant asking the local landowner if I could pick some from his field as I'd used all the ones at picking height in our back garden.  It's dripping away ready for me to boil up tomorrow after work! Plenty of trial and error!

Thanks for asking. I wish I had your view from my kitchen window!

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

How lucky you are Jo. I love hills and mountains image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Lovely

Some envy from here in the fensimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Really nice Jo. I can empathise with you about the views.  We were told once ( by a man I think is an idiot) that if you live with a view like this, after a while, you don't notice it anymore!   image

We just looked at him in amazement.  We've had this place for over 20 years and we never get tired of the changing colours and seasons- not just the light hitting the trees and paddocks, but especially the skies!  Two nights ago we had full moon and no cloud. wonderful. It was still bright out there last night.image

S. E. NSW
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Lovely jo. I had a little google of it. Similar sort of ascent to the Pentland HIlls outside Edinburgh so I could do with that for my winter exercise. image

Might be just a bit too far to travel...image

It must be a joy to see that every day - when you can see it!  If I go to the local shopping centre after work on a clear day, there's a little section of road where I can see all the Arrochar hills. Always thrills me - especially on a snowy winter day. I can see most of them on the downhill section of road when I leave my house too. Ben Lomond in particular as it's the closest to me. You can't buy that.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...