London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
41 to 60 of 279 messages
09/04/2014 at 21:06

This is starting to work isn't it from the North/Scotland?

Anyone who needs to transport plants from East Anglia, please contact me

09/04/2014 at 21:21

What a team!

09/04/2014 at 21:26

Rosie

09/04/2014 at 22:04
artjak wrote (see)

This is starting to work isn't it from the North/Scotland?

Anyone who needs to transport plants from East Anglia, please contact me

I must have a boot-load now artjak

10/04/2014 at 09:25

morning bump

10/04/2014 at 13:23

Nut, I will be going down to Somerset in mid May; I know you said that you could manage about 70 miles, so will look on the map to see how far that would take you, and we'll see if anyone can help there.

If all your plants were transferred to bags, just for the journey, they would not take up much space and at a push I could take them.

10/04/2014 at 13:29

Nut, just had a look and I'm wondering if you could get the plants to either Northampton, Luton or even Oxford; but that last one is 85 miles from you.

Rosie, do you know anyone who does trips in that direction, I seem to remember that you travel a bit?

Last year we had a map showing where people were located, anyone remember the name of that thread?

10/04/2014 at 13:52

Northampton, easy

10/04/2014 at 20:54

I'll ask again, anyone remember the name of the thread that showed all our locations?

10/04/2014 at 20:58

bumped it up for you art

10/04/2014 at 20:58

artjak, I think I bookmarked that on some computer somewhere, I'll see if I can find it

10/04/2014 at 21:00

that's good Fairy, it might have been on the dead computer

10/04/2014 at 21:01

Nut and Fairy

11/04/2014 at 01:16

Hi, all, we may be getting plants moved out of Scotland/the North, but it's the next legs we need to sort.

FG can you go to Kendal if my OH can't? Lizzie seems to have something sorted from there, but don't know exactly what yet till I get her PM.

11/04/2014 at 07:30

Good morning bump

11/04/2014 at 10:10

Hi gardenjeannie, 

I have a nephew in Kendal so am trying to get family involved, but haven't had a response yet. They are such busy people so it's a bit of a long shot.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

11/04/2014 at 14:22

Possibility of help from local haulage contacts....will let you know....  don't get your hopes up yet...

11/04/2014 at 16:29

Yes Jeannie - I can do Kendal no problem. 

Rosie - I wondered about getting a haulage company involved - Stobart's for instance? They're everywhere. Surely it would give them some great publicity. Don't know how it would work though.

12/04/2014 at 05:49

Lizzie, it isn't the moving of plants just a little further down south that we need. So far there are just mine and Fairy's to move, but if FG is willing to shift them to Kendal, moving to me for OH to take further is much better for her. My Man is going anyway. But we have no means of moving from Haydock (NW England) to Somerset levels or any other needy area. For me or Fairy, that could be an 800 or more round trip. Whilst I would love to do that, and take in some gardens on the way, I'm looking at a minimum of a day (24 hrs) with no nice stops, just one way with legal breaks (Ha). I would love to do it and have a break like that, it would be a hol for me, but I have my 2 small boys and no-one nr I could comfortably ask to have them. Dad got himself put on community service and a 2 yr ban on even approaching us, for domestic violence. My Dad and remaining family are all manchester area. The boys could not handle a journey like that with nothing for them at the end of it. Single Mum has some benefits, but NO freedom! f I could afford, I would arrange us a holiday and bring plants, but money won't even stretch to the fuel,just now. Wish I could do more. We need to sort that middle leg.If we could just get mine and FG plants from Haydock to Lizzie? Seeds are so easy. It cost me £6 to send them from one end of country to the other. But we can't courier that many plants.

Just had a thought. one of my good friends is a HGV driver, out of Cheshire. She has blonde hair to her knees and a bosom to die for. And she can reverse a 40ton artic better than any bloke, and service it, too. I'll ask her help, but it will depend who she works for now, as we usually just talk horses! Off to try now. get back to you allsoon, I hope!

12/04/2014 at 11:51

Jeannie - if your friend was able to help - I can go to Cheshire if necessary. I'm a single mum too but my girls are older so it's no prob for me to do this over a weekend if necessary. My car's big enough to take  a fair amount of plants.

41 to 60 of 279 messages