Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Transport needed for flooded gardens

artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

The support for 'help for flooded gardens' has taken off in spectacular waysimage

We now need a little help from everyone for people transporting plants across the country.

If anyone can volunteer a van, truck, or even the back of a hatchback for a leg of the journey to the Somerset levels, there would be so much gratitude from so many sourcesIt's OK for me, I'm a retired wrinkly with an LPG car and can get from Norfolk to Somerset via staying with a friend and it won't cost too much... but for working people who don't have time, they can only take the plants so far.

I know all you lovely forumatti will come through for this, it matters, these gardens down in Somerset have been destroyed; either by water or the bulldozers moving earth to be a buffer against the flood water.image

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 395

I haven't passed my test yet, but could ask mum if she wouldn't mind, I'm sure she'd be fine with it. We've only got a little hatchback, but it can fit a surprising amount in image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Ryan, bless you, have just looked at your profile and I am sure you will succeed, but which area are you in? and does your wonderful mother (what DID you get her for mother's Sunday?) mind helping out?image

ph2, can you pm me on your post code so I can try to co-ordinate things?image

Vroom vroom, transport bumpimage

I will tryimage Have you managed to pm other people?

ph2, have just pm'd youimage

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491

Hi Philippa,  apologies, it has only just dawned on me that Bridgewater is nearer to me than Glastonbury - sorry, senior moment there!

If and when I get another load of plants, I will contact you first if that's okay.

North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • Rosie31Rosie31 Posts: 483

You are all wonderful!  Bump!

• I'm not able to offer any assistance at this stage, but you are all amazing, what a wonderful thing to do. Bumped again!

philippa, have emailed youimage

Have a great weekend to all of you and Heather, just telling us that we are amazing is ...well...amazingimage

• Rosie31Rosie31 Posts: 483

bumping