Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

weather

Hi everyone, I hope you haven,t had too much damage to your gardens. It was certainly rough last night. We got away with very little , just pots blown over and still the winds continue sweeping over us this morning.On a good note the sun is out.

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Hi, here in Norfolk was the noiesiest night so far,the pampas in the porch is growing in number every day ,18 cut down yesterday and 2 so far today, running out of porch,the wind was screaming like you here in horror films so loud hardly got a wink of my beauty sleep, but no real other damage i can see amongst the builders rubish we have at the moment, but its looking better for next week i hope,image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

It as the noisiest night so far here as well, nothing else has come close. It's still at it now though maybe not as bad. I was going to a plants meeting this afternoon but when I thought of all the trees looming over the roads on the way I changed my mind.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • very wet and windy and yet again the somerset levels gets  a deluge .We have just walked the front of severn beach and wind nearly blew us off our feet and got a soaking to boot.Good job the tide was out! Trees and things blown over and water every where but I thought I saw the sun just now.

• patzzpatzz Posts: 54

Hi Flowering rose, Your walk sounds bracing to say the least. We,ve had sunshine in Cambs for most of the day and battering winds. Which seem to have died down now. Fingers crossed for peaceful dry night.Here,s hoping the Somerset levels begin be sorted soon. I can,t imagine what it must be like for everyone affected by these terrible weather events. And let,s hope that the government remembers charity begins at home.   

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

It was bad here (Gloucester) last night too.  Strongest winds we've experienced and we seem to have come through unscathed.  Our neighbour has lost some ridge tiles and another one possibly some chimney pot but I'm not sure if they had been removed previously.

The ironic thing with the ridge tiles is that my neighbour had his all redone a few years ago - obviously not done well!

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

wet and windy . nothing like weds though . keep warm and safe guys and eat cakeimage

Here you are Archie image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

We didn't have it too bad here, Wednesday was worse.

Part of the neighbours fence has blown into my garden so I had a lock fitted to the back gate today, which sounds really unchristian but he's the neighbour from hell, usually very rude and obnoxious, Don't know how it will be repaired as he has a trellis built in front of it and I have a shed and trellis 1ft into my garden. It's his fence and previous communications has gone through the council or police.

He can be very intimidating, I don't want him waiting till I'm out at work to do any repairs either, at least this way he will need to knock on my door and we can arrange a time when I'm at home. He knows the fence has blown in as he was out today whilst the lock was being fitted. Here's hoping he will be reasonable, hell may freeze over first though. image     

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

No damage luckily.  A neighbour lost a big conifer but that's been cleared now and only broke one fence panel.  Just wish our boiler hadn't chosen today to break brrrrrr.