London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 16°C
21 to 40 of 43 messages
19/10/2013 at 18:56

Love seeing the  sea too.  Five mins and I can.  

19/10/2013 at 20:47

When I was a kid I saw the sea every day - it becomes a part of you, and I miss it - but it still lifts my heart when I go over a hill and see the ocean glittering below me!

19/10/2013 at 20:55

Totally agree about seeing the sea. I drive along by the beach on the way home every day. It's lovely in summer but also love seeing the waves crashing against the beach. The only window I can see the sea from now is the kitchen.I can't ever imagine not living bythe sea.

19/10/2013 at 21:50
The seasons are what i think makes living where i do so wonderful, yes there are times in early march when i long for some warm weather but in general i love all 4 of our wonderful seasons. Right now i'm loooking forward to the first proper frosts to sweeten up the parsnips and brussel sprouts.
19/10/2013 at 23:08

oh yes I forgot about the parsnips.

Planning next year and how I'm going to be more organised and do things better makes me happy. 

Living by the sea would be nice, but it's also nice living near the woods

19/10/2013 at 23:28

Oh Zoomer, i've always wanted to live by the sea.. One of the things I would really love to do is ride a horse along the beach along the edge of the sea. When I retire I hope to move to the coast, get a dog and go for long walks along the beach.

20/10/2013 at 08:45

Lily, this http://www.cumbrianheavyhorses.com/html/horseriding.html is the place to go riding on the beach .... or over the fells .... wouldn't that be an experience on a chilly autumn day?   They used to be on Skye, and when we holidayed there I'd hoped to go out for a ride, but the weather was so appalling it wasn't possible. 

20/10/2013 at 09:34
Love long walks too - especially when it gets cold enough for hats, scarves and gloves. Seaside or woodland both work well for me.
20/10/2013 at 09:38

Thats exactly what I mean Dove, the picture at the top is what I really want to do. Hopefully one day I will. I used to go horse riding but stopped quite a few years ago. Should really start again. Have put ad in my favs.

20/10/2013 at 10:12

I used to ride a lot too Lily, but sold land, divorced, moved to city to work etc ....  then a couple of years ago we holidayed on Exmoor, and went trekking though Doone Valley http://www.ridingonexmoor.co.uk/page/our_rides absolute bliss!!!  

Never going to have my own horses again, and as I get older I get more wary of damage I might do to myself if I take a tumble, but the occasional trek on trustworthy steeds .... can you imagine the views across Exmoor in the autumn? (just to keep on subject

20/10/2013 at 20:20

Sorry for late reply Dove, been out since just after midday and only just seen your message. Clicked onto the website looks great. Have never been fortunate enough to own my own horse, but did enjoy riding them many years ago. Still if I win the lottery -------who knows, I can dream, lol. So glad to see your still here. Enjoy reading your helpful advice. Ps just to remind you ------bubble wrap!

20/10/2013 at 20:26

20/10/2013 at 20:30

The changing moorland colours as I drive to and from work; the deep pink sedums, the heather on the hills; yellow horse chestnut leavse, rowan berries and beech trees.

Hello again, haven't popped in for a while ..

20/10/2013 at 20:34

Hello petal pleased to meet you

20/10/2013 at 20:35
Hi PP - do you think gardeners are the only ones who notice the signs of the changing seasons around us ? Every now and then i mention it in passing, and get looked at as if i have at least two heads !!
20/10/2013 at 20:36

Hello Petal - that sounds a beautiful drive to work - part of mine is beautiful too - there are particular alder trees that I look forward to seeing, particularly in the spring as their buds are opening and in the autumn as their colours change - when I'm retired I think I'm going to have to make special trips to see them 

20/10/2013 at 20:46

The change of the trees and the fantastic colours followed by huge lollipop trees changing to gaunt skeletons as the leaves fall.

UW

20/10/2013 at 20:50

Hello Lily, likewise Hello again Dove and Chicky, hope you are both well.

I drive over the moors from Lancashire to Yorkshire, up hill and down dale several times. The grasses are going a dark golden at the moment and the woods I pass are looking spectacular, after the win in the last couple of days the leaves are getting deeper at the side of the road. I am tempted to take my snow shovel and gather some of them up for leaf mould.

20/10/2013 at 20:52

Deeply envious PP - sounds idyllic - I think if my drive were like that there's a strong chance that on some days I just wouldn't reach the office 

20/10/2013 at 21:08

I live on the edge of London so Monday to Friday I head toward concrete, Saturday and Sunday I ride through woods and fields, on a bike not a horse - I give the horses plenty of space incase they get scared.

new thing I like about autumn - noticing my first year of growing brussel sprouts is working, I have little purple and green ones forming 

21 to 40 of 43 messages