London (change)
Today 16°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
8 messages
25/02/2014 at 20:59

Basically I am going to start sowing a lot of plants in march. I have a lot of cuttings on the window sill and a couple of seeds.

Will the following survive in my mini greenhouse

Aquilegia

Hardy geranium

young clematis from morrisons

campanula

I have the option to keep them inside for now and all have been growing since september apart from the clematis which I just bought. Its just it would be easier as I will be tight on windowsill space.

25/02/2014 at 21:19

Those should all be fine in the mini greenhouse at the moment, especially as its currently pretty mild.

25/02/2014 at 22:06

Agreed, they are all hardy plants, so long as they have all taken they will be fine in a cold frame or mini greenhouse. If they aren't babies they would be fine outside.

25/02/2014 at 22:32

No they arnt babies. That's great ill put them outside I need the space. Thanks

25/02/2014 at 23:32

Forgot to add will hardy carnations be ok they not very big but have been growing since September from cuttings. Not sure if they will be perhaps a little more tender

26/02/2014 at 07:04

Carnations will be fine in a cold greenhouse. They don't need heat.

26/02/2014 at 15:08

I only have a mini plastic greenhouse but grow pelargonium and fuchsia cuttings  each year in the greenhouse.  I wrap the inside of the greenhouse in garden fleece and though I do lose some cuttings a lot do survive.  Wilco's are reasonable plants and at the moment I have two Dicentra and a hardy geranium in pots at the bottom of the greenhouse so I am sure that your plants will be fine.  Good luck.

26/02/2014 at 18:55

Thanks im very surprised the pelargonium and fuchsia cuttings survived I thought they were quite tender I have had mine indoors since September but have a baby on the way and I am loosing my windowsill unfortunately. Thanks for all the advice.

email image
8 messages