Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

cairnsie

Basically I am going to start sowing a lot of plants in march. I have a lot of cuttings on the window sill and a couple of seeds.

Will the following survive in my mini greenhouse

Aquilegia

Hardy geranium

young clematis from morrisons

campanula

I have the option to keep them inside for now and all have been growing since september apart from the clematis which I just bought. Its just it would be easier as I will be tight on windowsill space.

Elusive

Those should all be fine in the mini greenhouse at the moment, especially as its currently pretty mild.

Busy-Lizzie

Agreed, they are all hardy plants, so long as they have all taken they will be fine in a cold frame or mini greenhouse. If they aren't babies they would be fine outside.

cairnsie

No they arnt babies. That's great ill put them outside I need the space. Thanks

cairnsie

Forgot to add will hardy carnations be ok they not very big but have been growing since September from cuttings. Not sure if they will be perhaps a little more tender

Advertisement

fidgetbones

Carnations will be fine in a cold greenhouse. They don't need heat.

I only have a mini plastic greenhouse but grow pelargonium and fuchsia cuttings  each year in the greenhouse.  I wrap the inside of the greenhouse in garden fleece and though I do lose some cuttings a lot do survive.  Wilco's are reasonable plants and at the moment I have two Dicentra and a hardy geranium in pots at the bottom of the greenhouse so I am sure that your plants will be fine.  Good luck.

cairnsie

Thanks im very surprised the pelargonium and fuchsia cuttings survived I thought they were quite tender I have had mine indoors since September but have a baby on the way and I am loosing my windowsill unfortunately. Thanks for all the advice.