London (change)
Today 9°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
41 to 60 of 77 messages
12/03/2013 at 17:38

today 30degree at 12.30pm but wehave a little bbq grilled pork: 450 grams pork, slice into thin and long strips, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon coconut milk, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 package bamboo skewer. 1. Marinade all ingredients together about 2-6 hours before grilling (depending on how much time you have, longer marinade time will make the pork more aromatic and delicious). 2. When the pork is ready, thread a skewer through the pork. Grill the pork until it is well done. While barbequing, brush pork with marinade. 3. When done, serve with fresh vegetables and slices of cucumber and tomato. Thai people love to eat this dish with Sticky Rice. In this case, you can also serve with Sticky Rice.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19744.jpg?width=320&height=350&mode=max

I hope for everybody a good evening, ThaiGer

13/03/2013 at 19:56

I send a recipe for mulled wine, when you send me a recipe for original british ice tea.

14/03/2013 at 12:29

Tiger, It is cold in England; I have never drunk iced tea here. i believe they drink it in the South of the USA. An American once told me that you make ordinary tea (though I don't know if that would be Indian or Chinese) and the secret is to add mint. I think they also add a lot of sugar

14/03/2013 at 15:05

If I drink tea (and I drink a lot!), I use Darjeeling, first flush, Phupsering garden. In this garden - 20 years ago - I plant 6 bushes. I hope, they not die.

14/03/2013 at 20:27

Can you also grow coffee in your climate, though I believe you need some altitude for that crop.

15/03/2013 at 05:22

artjak, yes, but not at my land. It's to difficult and you need a lot of staff. You can look here about COFFEE and here about TEA , not so far from my land and good friends of mine. Fresh roasted coffee and Oolong tea from the field are very delicious...

15/03/2013 at 10:14

I had the best coffee ever in Cuba a few years ago, perhaps because it had not been in a container ship for months.

15/03/2013 at 16:58

tonight we have eaten red curry with duck, yammy, yammy, it's easy to cook:

1 duck boned, meat finely sliced, 3 cups coconut milk, 3 tblspn. red curry paste, 1/4 cup julienned ginger, 2 tblspn. fish sauce, 1 tblspn. palm sugar, 2 cups pineapple chunks,
1/2 cup Thai basil, 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded, Coriander leaves for garnish,
1/2 bunch snake beans cut into 2.5cm lengths.
Heat 1/2 cup coconut milk in a wok and add curry paste and ginger, cook until fragrant andthe oil is starting to separate from the coconut milk, about 5 to 10 minutes. 

Add duck, palm sugar and fish sauce, stir fry until duck is sealed, then add the remainingcoconut milk, simmer until duck is tender.
Add pineapple and simmer for 1 minute.
Stir in basil leaves and transfer to serving bowl, garnish with shredded lime leaves andcoriander leaves.
Serve with steamed jasmin rice infused with torn kaffir lime leaves. 

Havea good friday night, ThaiGer.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19872.jpg?width=370&height=350&mode=max

Were your recipes? You want I or my eyes hungry sometimes? 

15/03/2013 at 17:37

I made a very mild version of your coconut and chicken soup, with NO chilli. It was delicious; the important thing is lots of fresh coriander. I also used ginger instead of galangal as that looked mouldy in the supermarket.

15/03/2013 at 18:06

You destroy all of my Thai recipes!  . And were is your OWN ricipe?

15/03/2013 at 19:02

I have an English palate; what can I do? I don't see the point in eating food that makes my eyes water! Asking us for fabulous recipes at this time of the year is always going to be a disappointment; we are at the tag end of a long winter; nothing much is growing in our vegetable gardens, it is not very inspiring. Just wait a few weeks for when the spring has really started and the sun is shining and we will all be more inspired.

15/03/2013 at 19:17

That looks wonderful,ThaiGer. Do you cook or does your wife? I will try that next week. Can I use chicken instead of duck? Duck is very expensive here. Nothing exciting for dinner here tonight, spaghetti bolognese and a green salad. Tomorrow I am planning smoked salmon (Räucherlachs) with baby potatoes and green asparagus spears. Looking forward to that.

15/03/2013 at 20:26

@SwissSue, phantastic! And Sunday you can mix Spagetti with Raeucherlachs...

Sure, you can use Chicken, Why you not have ducks on your land, when it's expensive?

@artjak, only excuses!

15/03/2013 at 20:29

@SwissSue, phantastic! And Sunday you can mix Spagetti with Raeucherlachs...

Sure, you can use Chicken, Why you not have ducks on your land, when it's expensive? We cooking together, because the cooking time is the only time to talk , to laugh, to feel the human cohesion- to much work...

@artjak, only excuses!

16/03/2013 at 12:01

OK, so today it is pasta alla carbonara. I believe this recipe came from when the American soldiers arrived in Italy during World War 2; they were given rations of eggs and bacon and they asked the local people to cook these. So this dish was invented.

Cook the spaggetti in the normal fashion, fry some slices of streaky bacon until quite crisp, drain the pasta and return to the pan to which you have added a little butter. 

Over a very low heat add 1 beaten egg per person and some single cream stir gently until egg is cooked, add the broken up bacon and some finely grated Parmesan, sprinkle with fresh flat leaf parsley and serve. I often add some cooked peas to this; it adds a bit of colour.

16/03/2013 at 12:20

I love carbonara!, but in Thailand I'll no find spagetti. Thai noodles have a special taste, not for make western food. And glas noodle impossible for eat with bacon or minced meet. Nevertheless I copyed yours, because I havn't western cooking books, yummy. Have a good saturday.  

16/03/2013 at 12:22

...forgotten: where is your image?

16/03/2013 at 15:37

Tiger, am having big problems again with photos; I took on of the meal but can't even get it to upload onto computer. Am charging camera battery at the moment in the hope that it will improve things.

16/03/2013 at 15:55

No problem, don't be sad!

16/03/2013 at 16:54

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19977.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

Pasta alla carbonara

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19978.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

and the stem ginger and ground almond cake that I posted the recipe for a while back. Hurrah! It seems that every time I put photos into the computer I have to figure out a new way to do it.

41 to 60 of 77 messages