Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What you haveeaten today?

ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

Today we eat: fried fish with tamarind sauce:

1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams, 1 tablespoon tamarind, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 shallot, coarsely chopped, 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped, 3 sprigs coriander, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 3 red or yellow chilies...yammy,yammy and hot and spicy.

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Yummy - I need to go and prepare out supper I think - it is likely to be fish, but won't look quite as gorgeous as that, but will be good anyway. 

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

vegetable soup and home made pasties.

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

I like coloured vegetable soups with fish/shrimps or beef+bone- hot or cold. 

• ThaiGer, it is good to hear from you. Where do you live? I have known quite a few Asian mature students and they were mostly very good cooks. They thought British food was enjoyable but too fattening.

Today, we will be having the leftovers of yesterday's roast beef with vegetables. Not very exciting!

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Wwe will also have yesterdays left overs, or at least, I will - for lunch, will need to cook again for evening meal.  It was mushroom and pea risotto with white fish flakes, tasted very good  -  sad that we could not quite finish it all, but good for me as I get a lunch with no work attached. 

Nice to hear from everybodyimage, I (a German) live and work in Thailand since 1994. In another garden forum in Germany it's funny to write in the thread "garden food and kitchen recipes". And so I think, a good idea to start this thread here too...Many gardeners (not only woman!image) send photos and recipes to share with other gardeners- is a very buisy forum.The Thai-kitchen is very "light" but colourful and tasty and spicy. We cooking not only for "meal against hunger"- we cooking for fun, for relaxing for enjoy...The next time I'll send some recipes more to you...Greetings, ThaiGer.

...by the way, the last two weeks we spend a little holiday on the occasion of my wifes (angel) 44th birthday, look HERE ,I hope you can see without "buffering". Now we are back to work in office, beautysalon and farm...

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Today it was a huge salad; using food processor, finely chopped celery, yellow pepper, carrots, chinese leaves, cucumber and (un-chopped) peas, with a sprinkling of prawnsimage Dressed with rosemary and chickpea humous and white balsamic.

@artjak, ...yummy,yummyimage

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Tiger - ThaiGer Can I call you Tiger? it is easier to type! I see you are someone who appreciates a good salad, not the limp lettuce leaves and winter supermarket tomatoes of our childhoods. I have made a vow that I will not buy tomatoes out of season: at this time of year they are hard, sour and deeply unpleasantimage I recently bought a mango from Lidl and waited for it to ripen...and waited... and then it went wrinkly and needed a face lift and then I cut it off the stone and put it in the compost bin.