London (change)
Today 12°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 5°C
1 to 20 of 77 messages
02/03/2013 at 11:37

Today we eat: fried fish with tamarind sauce:

1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams, 1 tablespoon tamarind, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 shallot, coarsely chopped, 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped, 3 sprigs coriander, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 3 red or yellow chilies...yammy,yammy and hot and spicy.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19226.jpg?width=376&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19227.jpg?width=376&height=350&mode=max

02/03/2013 at 18:03

Yummy - I need to go and prepare out supper I think - it is likely to be fish, but won't look quite as gorgeous as that, but will be good anyway. 

02/03/2013 at 19:05

vegetable soup and home made pasties.

02/03/2013 at 19:26

I like coloured vegetable soups with fish/shrimps or beef+bone- hot or cold. 

04/03/2013 at 07:03

ThaiGer, it is good to hear from you. Where do you live? I have known quite a few Asian mature students and they were mostly very good cooks. They thought British food was enjoyable but too fattening.

Today, we will be having the leftovers of yesterday's roast beef with vegetables. Not very exciting!

04/03/2013 at 11:23

Wwe will also have yesterdays left overs, or at least, I will - for lunch, will need to cook again for evening meal.  It was mushroom and pea risotto with white fish flakes, tasted very good  -  sad that we could not quite finish it all, but good for me as I get a lunch with no work attached. 

04/03/2013 at 15:00

Nice to hear from everybody, I (a German) live and work in Thailand since 1994. In another garden forum in Germany it's funny to write in the thread "garden food and kitchen recipes". And so I think, a good idea to start this thread here too...Many gardeners (not only woman!) send photos and recipes to share with other gardeners- is a very buisy forum.The Thai-kitchen is very "light" but colourful and tasty and spicy. We cooking not only for "meal against hunger"- we cooking for fun, for relaxing for enjoy...The next time I'll send some recipes more to you...Greetings, ThaiGer.

04/03/2013 at 15:27

...by the way, the last two weeks we spend a little holiday on the occasion of my wifes (angel) 44th birthday, look HERE ,I hope you can see without "buffering". Now we are back to work in office, beautysalon and farm...

04/03/2013 at 16:24

Today it was a huge salad; using food processor, finely chopped celery, yellow pepper, carrots, chinese leaves, cucumber and (un-chopped) peas, with a sprinkling of prawns Dressed with rosemary and chickpea humous and white balsamic.

04/03/2013 at 16:49

@artjak, ...yummy,yummy

04/03/2013 at 19:34

Tiger - ThaiGer Can I call you Tiger? it is easier to type! I see you are someone who appreciates a good salad, not the limp lettuce leaves and winter supermarket tomatoes of our childhoods. I have made a vow that I will not buy tomatoes out of season: at this time of year they are hard, sour and deeply unpleasant I recently bought a mango from Lidl and waited for it to ripen...and waited... and then it went wrinkly and needed a face lift and then I cut it off the stone and put it in the compost bin.

04/03/2013 at 19:58

...can install skype on your computer?

04/03/2013 at 20:08

My computer man from czechoslovakia put skype on, but have never used it; if you talk me through activating it, could probably manage.

04/03/2013 at 20:15

This was yesterday..

figrat wrote (see)
Cooking huge family lunch- leg of lamb with provencal stuffing, creamed cannellni beans, purple sprouting broccoli, carrots, spring greens and roast spuds. Pudding lemon syrup tart with rhubarb sauce. Trouble is, I think I'll be too knackered to eat it!

Today has been lamb sandwiches, but am going to polish off rest of lemon syrup tart shortly...

05/03/2013 at 04:55

yesterday night whenI come from office we eat yellow mushelcurry with brown rice.

2 tablespoonsyellow curry paste, 2 cups green mussels (or 8-10 shrimps), 80 grams pineapple, cut into well pieces, 2 cups coconut milk, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoon tamarind juice.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19346.jpg?width=202&height=284&mode=max

05/03/2013 at 09:39

A light but grown-up ginger cake; I invented recipe for a party last Saturday and now have to email friends with the recipe, it was pretty scrumptious (I can't find a face that shows false modesty!)

Oven on at 180 degrees centigrade

Prep 23 cm springform cake tin; grease/line/grease

1 jar (354grams) of stem ginger retain 3 pieces. The rest + syrup whizz in the food processor.

Add 250 grams ground almonds, 1 shredded/grated dessert apple, juice of half a lemon, 200grams castor sugar, 6 medium eggs, 1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder.

Whizz well between ingredients.

Pour into tin and cook for 40 minutes, test with clean knife, may need a little more time.

Allow to cool on rack

(Optional) mix enough marscapone with creme fraiche to cover top then sprinkle those last bits of ginger coarsely chopped on top.

05/03/2013 at 15:16

my ginger cake: 350g plain Flour, 225g palm sugar or dark brown for colour,  100g cooking oil (soja), 3 tsp ground ginger, 1tsp baking powder, ½ tsp bicarbonate (soda), pinch salt, about 60g treacle,  225ml boiling water, 2 tbs finely chopped dried mango, 2 tbs finely chopped candied Thai ginger.

Place all the ingredients into the food processor bowl and beat well until you have a smooth golden brown batter, or use an electric whisk. Pour the batter into your spring form tin and cook at 180 C for about 45 – 55 minutes until risen and a cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

sabai ghing khao, ThaiGer.

05/03/2013 at 15:19

please help: can you see and look at my small slideshow in  the post from Yesterday at 15:27 ( HERE) ? I want to know, if it work in the net...

05/03/2013 at 17:01

Tiger; it is really splendid; the editing is brilliant and the way it works with the music is marvellous. Some of the images are not too clear, I don't know enough about digital recording of images to say why. Very well done

05/03/2013 at 17:30

thank you very much. Picture from nature (many kinds of flower and leaf colors) are difficult to transfer...

1 to 20 of 77 messages