Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Whats happened to my garlic?

star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,658

Can someone give me an idea what could have happened to my garlic.....all the greenery has disappeared on every single one that was growing. Not all at once but gradually over the last few weeks. I can only guess something has eaten it any idea what please.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Oh Lily, that must be disappointing image Well that's if it's something bad of course, it may not be....someone in the know I'll be along soon to help you x

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

When did you plant them?  Could it be that they're ready to harvest and the leaves have died down?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,658

Can't remember exactly Dove, but quite awhile ago. Must admit I haven't tried to dig any up. But it looks like they've completely gone.......there's no leaves left at all. I'm going to look a right muppet if they are still there image

We back onto fields, i did wonder if it could be field mice or grass snakes. Even though they are in raised beds.

Just looked Dove, a couple still there but the rest have completly gone.image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Lily image Do you mean that the bulbs have also been eaten ? If so a new one on me, didn't think much liked garlic except us. Have they been eaten or dragged away ? Either way I don't have an answer, hugs.

Absolutely nothing there now, greenery and bulbs completely gone. imageimage

Oh no Lily, poor you.....hugs xx

I'm completely baffled. But thank you.

You don't love near Whitby do you? image

Er no, OL,......err,.....whyimage