1 to 20 of 47 messages
17/09/2013 at 14:02

Hi to all,I was just looking for new plants and wondering what and where to plant,Have you made plans for next year?

17/09/2013 at 14:15

I've made a spreadsheet  And drawn up plans in Open Office lol 

I've done lists of seeds for flowers, when to sow them, where to sow them

Done the same with the veggies.

I've jotted down what will need support (had to, as I have Gladys flopping, cosmos too)

Two more raised beds to build to, to run in parellel to the two I knocked up a few months ago.

Greenhouse to erect, though heck knows how I'm gonna do it. It can't be THAT hard......right? 

Spreading lots of horse muck about before Winter hits.

Hoping my neighbour gets accidently speared by a stray harpoon.......... ooops back on topic!

Mostly been working out what to grow where so I can more of a succession next year. I'm actually itching to get started!

Ok, Emma, STEP AWAY from the caffeine now. I'm completely wired (that's wired, not...weird......Ok i'm that too)

17/09/2013 at 14:17

Weather permitting, for the rest of the year I will be tidying up the garden and doing last minute seed collecting. Then if I can beat the OH to it before he fills the greenhouse with chilli plants, I will start off some veggies and the seeds I have been sent by the lovely people on the GW forum. I am also going to have a go at trying to grow Tithonia and also Leonotis and some giant sunflowers for my two boys.

17/09/2013 at 14:19

Aren't you a bit late for sunflowers?

17/09/2013 at 14:36

Garden maiden.... It's all about the chillies .... Next year more layering of the narrow border. Move the veg beds soon and start the woodland garden by the garden room... Oh and patio down round it as the mud splashes the red cedar badly.... Then just growing all my seeds including my increased chilli collection ( thanks garden maiden) looking at 15-20 varieties next year... Then I need to win the lottery to set up a chilli farm

17/09/2013 at 14:48

digging up the borders and starting again.

17/09/2013 at 15:22

Planting up less pots....

17/09/2013 at 16:15

Well done emma, well prepared then.

17/09/2013 at 17:23

Emma 1978, sunflowers will be started off next year, its one of the last jobs for me to do.

17/09/2013 at 18:06

Tea, what you need are some motion-sensitive TNT devices that go off when a certain numpty leans over your fence

17/09/2013 at 19:07

i'd hate to be on the recieving end of you two ladies

17/09/2013 at 19:36

I've already ordered plants I want for next year. ,whole batch coming on Thursday.  Some heleniums prob next week for delivery.  Amd I've been securing plants over  the summer for next year. Couple of new areas to plant up and one I've already made a start on. At the foodbank I'm obligated to providing plants for couple of the volunteers too so my soon-to-be divided plants already have their new homes booked 

I blame the forum for making me buy more and more plants.  No, not really!  Been gathering plants for long time now

17/09/2013 at 19:51

your  very naughty girl's tea and emm.what makes you think that i would enjoy it?

17/09/2013 at 20:28

You know you would Dave.....

17/09/2013 at 20:58

Ladies ladies please,your lowering the tone,message me next time lol

17/09/2013 at 21:09

..and you are so proper!

17/09/2013 at 21:20

Now, back to serious stuff.  Rogersias.  Never grown them cos my soil is not heavy enough.  Would love to incorporate them though.  May make a "rich" bed.....got some good well rotted compost and couple bags of dried manure.  Anyone successfully growing them?  Perfect for clay soil I know but I'm so tempted to try.

Plan too to grow lot more allium purple sensation and associate with white tulips

17/09/2013 at 22:25

Next year is my Golden Jubilee Year in my garden so I am planning to tour the whole garden and make a roll of Honour of all the plants there were here when we came.  THen each "Room" is going to have a golden them eand to that end I have ordered lots of golden bulbs, perennials and shrubs.  Annuals too like Californian poppy will have pride of place.  Their will be a new Jubilee border in front of the South west facing wall one of my neighbours is building and a Jubilee wildlife pond and meadow.  The potager will have yellow tomatoes, sweetcorn and golden courgettes, onions and beans.  I am one of Mr. Fothergill's "Nation of Gardeners" selected to trial eight parcels of their products so it will be a busy and beautiful year in my garden with me happily being scientific and artistic at once.

18/09/2013 at 14:33

very nice marion.What colours do you think will be the most popular for next year

18/09/2013 at 14:38

You now how proper i am paula!!!!!   

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/31233.jpg?width=400&height=350&mode=max

1 to 20 of 47 messages