Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

white mouse

Photos of white mouse taken through open bedroom window and through living room patio doors. Normal mouse was 2 feet from me. They pick up the seed from the feeder that the birds drop.

Is it an escapee or an albino wild mouse?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Sorry, not the sharpest photos, om max telephoto and through glass.

Battery for OH SLR and telephoto lens is flat.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Aww don't know but looks cute!  

Any pet shops near you ,they might know? 

Or Steve the gardening vet?

• No idea - it does look plump and rounder than wild mice, but that could be because of it's obviously luxurious diet.  I suppose that only DNA testing could give a decisive answer.

I wonder if it'll 'pair up' with a wild one image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Oh fidget they are beautiful, they do look quite big? I love em image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Have you named em yet? image

• It's so cute, the problem is that it's more likely to get caught as it's sticking out like a sore thumb

Well I thought that last week, as it shot off towards the compost heap. I thought an owl would have it or one of the cats that prowl around, but its pretty big, and we saw it first a week ago, so it seems to be doing quite well.

Mice round here are pretty fast. We call one speedy gonzales.

• If hes braver than the others, that could indicate he is an escapee, very cute tho image
  • That's an albino because it's a wood mouse! Pet mice are longer in the body and the ears are different.