Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 72 replies

Been thinking .   What makes me so indispensable, so modestly opinionated  and simply so,good for the forum?

Well, I am a simple Cornishman......that's sooooooooo important. 

I like me very much 

And what I say including my wonderful jokes is so important to my public out there  

What makes each of you as important (is this possible?) as me ? 

nutcutlet

Definitely the jokes for you Verdun

We keep coming back to see if they're as awful as we remember

And your knowledge of growing plants but that's secondary

Fairygirl

Well - it's my superior jokes Verd. They're much better than yours. Makes me indispensable.

and my modesty of course...

nutcutlet

I won't be competing.

I always lose the thread forget the punch line

Dovefromabove
Verdun wrote (see)

Been thinking .   What makes me so indispensable, so modestly opinionated  and simply so,good for the forum?

Well, I am a simple Cornishman......that's sooooooooo important. 

I like me very much 

And what I say including my wonderful jokes is so important to my public out there  

What makes each of you as important (is this possible?) as me ? 

What makes me as important as you Verdun?  I didn't know I was

Advertisement

KEF

I'm important cos' I bring drinks to the cabin  & I laugh at your jokes Verdun, especially when they are tongue in cheek on new threads

Obelixx

Are all Cornishmen narcissists or do some just content themselves with growing beautiful daffs and other stuff?

LesleyK

I'm important because I don't know as much as most of you and where would you be without questions to answer?  

Dove your cakes are indispensable - sure Verdun would agree with that

Not being a Cornishman I cannot think of any reason I would be important, that is apart from cooking meals that make my lovely grandchildren ask mum, "why can't we have food like this at home" that lowers the clouds a bit. Still being a North Easterner with one foot in the sea and always having one wet foot makes a sense of humour essential I suppose having to read Verduns witty prose is less of a chore.

The important ones are all the posters who make me laugh at times cry at times and come up with weird and wonderful ways to grow vegetables and flowers, now then I would ask the wise Cornishman "err" which of the latter do we eat.

Frank.

punkdoc

I am half Cornish and half a Scot, I have inherited the best of both races, so sorry Verdun, you are not even half as valuable as me.

That is some picture, Head full of clotted cream and a kilt? How about Half Yorkshire and Half Newcastle from Irish stock, Black and White Zips on my pockets and a shamrock sticking out of the ears.

Frank.

pansyface
Can't say I've ever felt important. Too much Calvinism in the family. But Flanders and Swann singing the song about the English are best always makes me laugh.

Sorry can't find a link that will work.
nutcutlet

Too much responsibility attached to being important

Liriodendron

I'm with Pansyface on this one... in addition to which, it's hard to feel great self-importance when you're as short as I am. 

However, this forum is becoming important to ME.  Hadn't realised until I joined, how much I missed the company of enthusiastic gardeners.  You give me gentle reminders to get on with things, encouragement when stuff goes wrong, and a good laugh... 

I'm important because you're all teaching me lots

Advertisement

Fishy65

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way, said Pink Floyd. That and putting the kettle on 

If we're talking ancestry, I've got local connections along with some from London's east end,Oxfordshire and North Yorkshire 

Busy-Lizzie

Verdun, did you have a few drinks at that nightclub when you picked up your niece? Or did the early morning bedtime turn your head???  But you are funny

I'm important to my OH, my children, my pets and my garden. Does that make me as important as you?

Great stuff Verdun and thank god for some convivial modesty.  Some of the recent repetitious boasting on this site beats everything I've ever come across in my life and I've been around!!  So what makes me special?  I have the world's best three grandchildren who, need I say, are the most beautiful, intelligent, attractive, loving, MODEST, articulate and also brilliant writers who know how to use punctuation.  I am surely blessed.

Yviestevie

Im important to my Firstborn this week.  Not important as far as the forum is concerned, I tend to hang around and pick up crumbs of information from the great and the good. 

If we are talking ancestry, I'm from everywhere as my ancestors lived on narrowboats.  Gypsies of the waterways basically mainly travelling between Birmingham and Manchester.