Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Winter

Http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/611100/Winter-2015 Prepare now for the worst winter in 50 years. Shock UK long range weather forecast for this winter. Four months of heavy snows. James madden forecaster Exacta weather 13 October

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Well! He sounds a very clever man, shall we get him a place on mastermind Sybil, stating the bl*****g obvious.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Surprise surprise this time every year the Express spreads doom and gloom about the forthcoming winter. 

Wrap up warmer, turn on the heating, wear sensible shoes, make comforting and nourishing hot meals, put a thicker duvet on, insulate your greenhouse.

It might be colder than average, it might be a bit milder - prepare for the worst and hope for the best - that's my mantra and it's not failed me yet image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

We must be getting two bad winters since there's two threads the same....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

if the express does something, it likes to overdo it

Devon.

Yes Hosta - and there's bound to be another article about Princess Diana to go with it....image image

tee hee, that's exactly what I was thinking about

Devon.

my forecast is that it'll be horrible, cold, horrible, wet,horrible, frosty, horrible, dark, horrible, too long, horrible and everyone will look as miserable as me. 

Did I say it'll be horrible?

Devon.

Never....

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

It sells newspapers that's why - they roll out almost exactly the same front page every year.

And they've been spot on twice in the last 50yrs image

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Only time will tell who is right , somebody will be ?

but it will be cold ,sunny , wet , frosty and maybe snow !image