Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Wisley Outing - sunday 7th Sept

chickychicky Posts: 10,409

I am planning to visit Wisley on Sunday 7th September - does anyone want to join me?  it is the last day of their annual flower show, where they have lots of nurseries displaying their wares, and some dahlia displays.

myself and OH went last year and though the car parks were busy, the gardens themselves didn't seem to be.  The orchards were looking great, and the glasshouse borders (prairie planting by Piet Oudolf) were at their peak.  Plus there were plant stalls to peek at on the way out.  Its free to get in with an RHS membership card.

Let me know if there's any interest out there ......

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I'd love to come and meet you Chicky but it's a bit far and on that date will be even further away image Have a lovely day x

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

More chance of sunshine where you'll be image

If i recall correctly it is also Verdun's birthday ..... A perfect excuse to eat doughnuts ... I'll warn the caterers to be preparedimageimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Ha ha, yes it is...but don't let him know we remembered image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Well, never one to maybe miss out, what would be my chances of being picked up by someone from Woking Train Station? image

Panda - consider it doneimage

Hurrah image Thanks Chicky image

Now we just need to work out what time to meet up image

How about I pick you up from Woking at about 11?  And then meet anyone else who can make it at Wisley about 11.30 to noonish??

• Thanks for the invite.  Would love too but booked up that weekend.  Have a smashing timeimage

That would be fab Chicky image Then I don't have to get up toooooo early image image

• Oh chicky I would love to but I have something on that weekend gutted image