Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Worm casts

have any members any suggestions on how I can rid my lawn from worm casts .i have tried cast clear and many other things but none of them help .my local golf course I know uses something buy you have to be.a professional to warranty buying in such large quantites . Can anyone help please

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Let them dry and brush them before mowing - worms are good for your lawn - getting rid of them would cause all sorts of problems. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Dave27Dave27 Posts: 4

Thanks Dove I always brush away every morning but with so many I am getting bare patches which I keep reseeding , I am was tiring to get a back gardening putting green but it might be better to use artificial which I would hate doing

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Instead of brushing them in, could you perhaps gather them up and put them in your flower beds. Hold a bucket on the ground with the open edge facing the cast then flick them in with a trowel. Imagine it as a bit more golf practice - a quick flick of the wrist and into the over sized hole image 

I think it should work - I used to rid our lawn of greyhound 'casts' like this when we had a dog but I lined the bucket with a plastic bag first!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Maybe you'll just have to concentrate on your shots out of the rough instead image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

As you have to have spraying certification for certain products I think I will get the pros in maybe more expensive but my golf course have those casts beaten

• Just google some domestic lawn care companies.  Some of them do say they are able to deal with worm casts, and it's not all that expensive.  Have a look at  www.lawnscience.co.uk  for example.

Thank you Happy will give them a try