Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

1960s 1970s inspired bouquet

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 175

I worked as a florist, for 60's style bridal bouquets we used a lot of things like ranunculus, lily of the valley, gyp, peoni's, small headed and spray roses and chrysanthemums.     Freesia and carnations were also popular (and available) back in the 60's/70's.  

emerald green is a good colour, as most things will go well with it.     If its for a bridal bouquet, teardrop shape was very popular back then image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I got married in 1970 - I really really wanted a bouquet like the one I'd seen in a bridal magazine, simple, elegant, stylish

No one else liked it and I ended up with freesias ......

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I'm too young to remember the 60s image

Devon.

The Moody Blues, Yardbirds, Bob Dylan ............ I remember them image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409
    My Mum got married in the 60's and had peach gladioli image
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

My parents married in the 40s, but I'm the youngest of 6

Devon.

Princess Margaret's wedding bouquet (1960) was white orchids and stephanotis.

Princess Alexandra's (1963) carried freesias, narcissi, stephanotis and lilies of the valley. 

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

This is a pic of my mum's in 1963. You can see carnations, fern, arum lillies and those horseshoe things. I'm guessing the flowers were all white.

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,697

Red is the complimentary colour for green so something in the peach to pink colour range would fit nicely with the whole 60s/70s vibe. Green and orange were quite commonly seen together. Purple also goes well with green and also fits with the colour schemes of the period. White would be very cool and classy but not at all typical of that era. My bouquet was a ball of carnations and rosebuds carried on a ribbon....it wasn't all big white frocks and cascades of blooms in the hippy/post hippy era.

• All the rage in our time and at our wedding in 1959 was red roses wth a very fine asparagus type fern. These were all wired into a water fall design , the length was just past my knees.