Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

2017 in my Bristol Garden.

Happy New Year to you all, gardening friends old and new. young and old. and welcome to my new thread about my adventures in the garden this year 2017.  They include lots of physical work unearthing my long lost terraces, a new Alpine Tapestry garden, bottle gardening in the conservatory, and growing more vegetables this year.  My 88 year old body is in good nick so how much gets done will depend mostly on the weather which today in Bristol is very grey and dark, but mild - 8 degrees at the moment but forecast to drop rapidly tu 4 this afternoon.  So to add some cheer I will go and photograph some of my Xmas flowers to share with you in my kitchen, as they all need watering now.

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Pictures to colour your day from my kitchen where my Xmas flowers are having some attention.

imageimageimage

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Good morning and welcome to 2017 , flower look lovely

Your planning a busy gardening year , best of luck with it and look forward to more pictures image

Raining hear in Lincoln image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Good morning Marion and a healthy peaceful 2017 with good gardening.

Did indoor plant watering yesterday. I have three pots of Hippeastrum in bud and three of tete-a-tete which will flower soon to brighten the kitchen windowsill.

Frost, blue sky and sun this morning. 

SW Scotland
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

Happy New Year Marion. 

I'm looking forward to your new adventures in 2017. I love terracing (if you fancy doing my front garden I'll help!!!) and the tapestry Alpines sound lovely.

Good Luck and rude health to enjoy! x

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Happy New Year Marion image, looking forward to another adventurous year with you image

• Happy new Year marion, can't wait to see what delights you will have this year ?

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Morning Marion & all, it's blue sky in the NW but only 0c right now bbbbrrrrr wrap up warm.

Marion did you have a nice time with family ?

lovely flowers there Marion ?

Last edited: 02 January 2017 08:43:23

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Splendid day yesterday Flumpy. TY.  We too have hard frost and still 0 degrees this morning and forecast only to get to 4 so no outdoors for me today.  I have enough left overs to feed me for some time to come and someone left Yesterday's "Times" newspaper so I have plenty of reading there!  Youngest son has promised to come next weekend to help me with the terracing.  Electrician coming tomorrow for thw whole day to check all my electrics.

• FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 167

Hi Marion.

wishing you a good and healthy 2017, looking forward to following your posts and adventures in the garden this year.

I will as always enjoy all the lovely pictures you upload to your thread.

hard frost last night and still only - 1  here in north Dorset

Last edited: 02 January 2017 10:10:59

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Marion- hard frost here but the sun is out now.  I want to cut back the remaining hellebore leaves now that the flowers are coming.

It's good that you are getting help to clear the terracing.

SW Scotland