London (change)
Today 28°C / 20°C
Tomorrow 25°C / 16°C
6 messages
29/01/2013 at 11:58

Hi everyone, new person here

I'm looking for a 3 x 2 wooden shed, but I can only find them online. I would much prefer to go into a store in Birmingham and look at it before purchasing (plus the fact I don't know which website is best to order from)

In the future I'm looking at maybe adding a green roof to it

29/01/2013 at 12:06
29/01/2013 at 12:53

Ruby, most Garden centres or DIY shops with a garden section sell sheds of all sizes and usually deliver, check out yellow pages for your area. I do not shop on line as it is good to see what you are actually getting.
Forget the green roof, most sheds are flimsy things and would not support the weight without some solid support posts to hold the soil water and plants, you would need build a substantial frame off the shed itself.
If you are looking for a tool store and three by two is that then look at some of the plastic boxes you can buy, my daughter has one and it does the job nicely.

Frank.

29/01/2013 at 17:04

...or make your own shed out of treated timber,strong enough to take a green roof.

29/01/2013 at 20:18

Are you talking feet or metres.!

If feet you could get a bike shed. B and Q did do a wooden one, it wouldn't support a green roof through and extra supports would be needed.  Alternatively a bench with under seat storage, no green roof but you can sit on it.

29/01/2013 at 23:05

Hey all!

Atm we have one of those plastic wide box storage units. Its a right mess with everything thrown in! The plastic one sotongeoff linked is too small. Bike sheds are wide, and I'm looking to keep the width to a minimum.

Zoomer44 I'm talking feet (which I always do).

Well artjak my Grandad can build things, but I'm unsure if he could make it look good.

Palaisglide

Palaisglide thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. However where do these posts go? Funny enough I found a shed the size I want with a green roof but I can't see the extra bits holding it up? Here is the image http://emmabond.typepad.com/.a/6a010536f1c9e7970c01156f758396970c-800wi

email image
6 messages