London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
1 to 20 of 287 messages
05/08/2014 at 11:16

I lock the front door when in the back or side garden a s I can neither see or hear anyone there. So out the front locked the door pottering about thought I need some tools from the garage get the keys. back down the drive unlocked the door and opened the key drawer! no keys. Searched everywhere coats trousers in the wash basket desks cupboards and then sat down to think it out. Idiot, the garage keys are on the key ring for the front door, relief, where did I put those keys? "oh Heck as like" cannot find them went through the same routine and no result. thinks, must have left them on the greenhouse shelf. Out the front door turned to shut it there are the keys complete with garage keys.

What was I thinking why the sudden Senior Moment when they do not usually happen to me, am I flipping my lid I ask, the task I meant to do had by then vanished from my thoughts so some lucky weed had a reprieve. Does this happen to others?

Frank blushingly.

05/08/2014 at 11:19

Oh all the time palaisglide and I'm not 50 till next birthday 

Now get back out there and get that weed! 

05/08/2014 at 11:37

Haha this happens to me all the time and Im 23! 

05/08/2014 at 12:04

me too. Finding words more of a problem than finding things.

05/08/2014 at 12:11

i put things away and forget where . my shed  6ft6ft. might as well  be as big as wembley

05/08/2014 at 12:13

finding words nut . i keep losing them

05/08/2014 at 12:27

Funny you should bring this up. Hubby set out at 8 this morning to go on a 5 hour journey. Phoned at 10.30 to say he had left his wallet at home. No cards, no cash, limited phone time left on phone. Coming home again. Just hope he filled up with petrol before he left.

05/08/2014 at 12:38

My hubby managed to leave our garage keys in the lock while we went out for the day. Fortunately no-one had decided to help themselves to our bikes stored in there amongst other items!

05/08/2014 at 15:12
My memorable senior moment yrs ago was as a new mum I managed to lock myself out with baby in my arms! Had to wait ages for a courier to bring keys from my husband-was he mad!!
Why do keys always hide from me?
05/08/2014 at 15:12

Names of plants are what I forget mostly.  So irritating when it's something you know really well...

05/08/2014 at 15:53

I read all the messages on here and when I get to the bottom to type a reply I realise Ive forgotton who said what, its a nightmare.  Im always forgetting names of plants and people.  I think I get it from my mom she often did absolutely balmy things when not concentrating.  As a child I once went to bed and found the brown sauce between the sheets instead of an hot water bottle.  Yes youve guessed it, the hot water bottle was in the pantry.  Mum also got on the bus once with the empty milk bottle tucked under her arm, she had forgotten to put it on the step as she went past.  For myself, Ive been to work in odd shoes, one blue and one black and one had a heel half an inch higher, I didnt notice until I started to walk across the car park.  But I think the worse thing I have done is left my children standing outside drama club because I had forgotten to pick them up.  One of the other mums brought them home, I was mortified.

05/08/2014 at 16:50

Loved reading all these stories made me smile 

05/08/2014 at 19:40

An acquaintance of mine thinks he's losing the plot.  He has his own landscaping business and in the past couple of weeks has managed to give a customer the wrong account details to pay by bank transfer.  He doesn't know how as he read the details off his card and is now out by £1500 unless the person into whose account it was paid agrees to pay it back (apparently he is under no obligation so to do).

He also bought a pallet load of paving blocks and didn't realise until he started to take them off the lorry that he'd bought the wrong ones.  He can't take them back because the packaging had been removed.  He's going to use them to re-do his own drive now!

KEF
05/08/2014 at 19:45

Frank, the going upstairs and forgetting what for is a regular one here. Reasoning is you pay so much attention to the steps and not tripping ( which you should be able to do on auto pilot ) that when at the top you've lost focus. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

05/08/2014 at 19:59

Oh I so know what you mean...but my friends, there is help at hand. My brother told me about fobs you can get to fix onto items such as keys etc that if you lose them you can ring from your mobile and they send out a beeping tone. I'm wondering if they can also be fixed to the shoes of my small grandchildren for when I look after them!

Try searching for Lost Key Finder Locator and some should come up.

05/08/2014 at 21:46

Why is it a "senior moment"?

05/08/2014 at 21:50

There are more of them as you get older bb

and some of us have got older

05/08/2014 at 21:53
At 34 i call them blonde moments, but its less of a moment and more of a permenent state thesedays!
I tried to tell a new member to look for virginia creeper, it turned out i spelled something quite rude! That'll be a blot on his browsing history!
05/08/2014 at 21:55
Just read your post abput stairs KEF, i sometimes concentrate so much going up the stairs that i forget to breathe!!! Numpty
05/08/2014 at 21:55

1 to 20 of 287 messages