Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 113 replies

KEF

If you could have a Valentine meal with anyone (other than your OH) be they past or present who would you select? You can ponder over a few names but must give a final decision 

Also what would you chose to eat and drink? 

Runny, Lily & Panda you are not allowed to eat the guest 

I'm mulling over three chaps but have decided on my first course 

David Attenborough.............lots of interesting salads

OR

Tomas Schaffernaker............something with beans as he is always warning about the wind.

KEF

Romance isn't dead then Philippa LOL

No indeed Kef..........tho  I'd have to check the correct spelling for poor Tomas's surname as I would have a little card with place name for my guest.

Mmmm...........maybe I'll go with DA.......so much easier and he rarely discusses wind

KEF

Philippa I'm struggling to find a main course that won't get stuck in my teeth ..not a romantic look 

Advertisement

See what you mean Kef........bit of a poser isn't it ?

I expect Dove could come up with a suitable recipe ?  

Otherwise what about the Edwardian look...........smart little Pillbox hat with a veil ?  You could sit with your chin charmingly cupped in your hand staring into your guest's eyes whilst secretly picking your teeth under cover of the veil.

KEF

I love that idea Philippa At least I won't look like a Gurning champion doing it with my tongue 

KEF

Hey up Hosta dun't u like moi 

Edit I've just Googled him you are excused from inviting me 

Ooh yes Tomasz .......my place or yours ?

Oh hang on.....Hostafan...you are a Piggie.........getting my hopes up like that.......may your Cat Bank Balance turn to dust ( or crap )

pansyface

I'd have my homemade cheese sandwiches which I shared with the young man on the Sheffield to Edinburgh train and who got off at Hawick station sometime in October 1970. The sandwiches would have to be washed down with a couple of British Rail's best teas. We didn't exchange names, addresses or phone numbers but we agreed that Ella Fitzgerald was a great singer.

So, if you are reading this,  My Funny Valentine, it was lovely to meet you. 

Missed opportunites Pansyface............life is littered with them

1Runnybeak1

Oh Kef, what a spoil sport.   I was going to have him for all 3 courses.   Philippa.  Love the suggestion for Kef to sort her choppers out under a veil  

My second choice would be a very tall stranger in a pub 30 years ago, who spilt a drink on me one hot sunny lunchtime.  aahhhh !!!   I refused his offer to 'clean me up' with a napkin.  He was 6' plus, handsome, tanned and hairy.  I imagined he was a cavalry officer or some such romantic thingy.  I know I had a touch of the vapours at the time.   He'll do if I can't have you know who 

pansyface

And what to drink, Runny? Or would you make him lick the dress clean?

Advertisement

1Runnybeak1

pansyface     30 years ago, probably . Now he just shove me out of the way 

KEF

Runny you can have all three courses it is virtual, just not eat your guest.

Runny and Pansy have sent me into past times ...amour ..when I started the thread I was thinking about well know heart throbs but I do remember a rather nice lad .. who offered to take me to Paris but I doubted his pocket money would run to it  

KEF
1Runnybeak1 wrote (see)

pansyface     30 years ago, probably . Now he just shove me out of the way 

Doubt it Runny, I know him and he is fat and bald and idle 

Lyn

Jeremy Irons and I wouldn't care what I have for the meal. I could listen to his voice forever.

Fat, bald and idle ?  But has he got nice eyes ?  Eyes will do it every time.......well, provided they aren't crossed anyway.  In that case, how would you be sure exactly who he has an eye on ? .Would he be able to differentiate between starters and main course ?  Bit of a minefield IMHO