London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
7 messages
10/08/2014 at 00:49
Thank you Dear God. At last a small respite from the high temperatures. At last I was able to venture out into the garden. A few days ago, I had purchased a few plants fom tghe GC. Wow! six pound a plant. Somehow, I managed to stay out for just over the hour. I planted a couple of Gloriosa Daisies and a Russian Herb. Did a bit of weeding, then into the greenhouse and potted up some primulas. My poor old trousers. Time and again I got tangled up with the roses.. Even then. I didn't get to plant all the new stock.. Loking at my garden. Roses have grown way beyond their descriptions. Other shrubs such as, Viburnums and Camelias and Ribes etc. My tiny garden has become a forest overnight. So here goes. Perhaps to rewrite the text books.
11/08/2014 at 21:05

Like my plants I prefer the sun Mike, it warms the old bones and lifts the mood and of course it paints our gardens with light and turns them into works of art.

What is better than being surrounded by the wondrous plants and the orchestral sound of the insects, something cool to sip and a lightness of mind. 

KEF
11/08/2014 at 21:13

bbcoaster

Mike said goodbye and left the forum for good last night and the the mods have removed his last thread.

Maybe not a good idea to re-hash this one in case people think it is a new one.

I understand you are friends with Mike so you will be able to keep in touch with him elsewhere

11/08/2014 at 21:22

Oh, sorry to hear it Kef and thank you for letting me know, just to say, without starting anything, I am not, nor ever have been friends with Mike, I have never talked to him directly except in this thread.

Its a shame, I would have liked to have got to know him, he is very interesting, the sentiments in my post above still stand. peace everyone.

11/08/2014 at 22:01

Hi Mike, it's been a nice break from hot weather, but i do like the sun but as long as we get a shower in the night to water the garden, my flowers have looked gorgeous this year thanks to our new raised bed and plenty feeding, this is my first year of growing tomatoes and curly Kale, I find it so rewarding 

11/08/2014 at 22:05

flumpy Mike is no longer using the forum.

11/08/2014 at 22:10

Whoops sorry 

email image
7 messages