Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

All I want for Christmas is...

The more I learn about gardening, the more I wish I had a bigger garden. Since that isn't going to happen, the plant on my wish list would be a tiny russet apple tree; I don't have room for any more large fruit trees.

What would everyone else like?

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Raised bed to extend my veggie growing and a lilac wheelbarrow please Santa image

• I would like a bigger garden with paddock and romantic looking cottage wit h roses round the door.image

• Some green fingers please.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

A tool belt to put my trowel and seceteurs in, I just put them down and forget where.

Another greenhouse.

Someone to help me line the one I've just bought the bubble wrap for.

Am I greedy?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Tinker fp, I love the idea of a lilac wheelbarrow!

Lyn, I have a proper gardeners apron with heavy duty pockets, by the end of a gardening day the pockets are full of earth, empty seed packets old bits of wire etc. I then have to go looking for all the tools.

• DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

My dream is a duck pond with live ducks on it. My garden is only big enough for a small pond, though we did have a visiting Mallard and he just loved our little pond and stayed for a day.

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

Don't give up Daydaisy, we have a small pond and Mr & Mrs Mallard have come back every year for the past 3 years, they love the remains of the bird food and last year we bought some duck food from our local pet shop, Mr Mallard is my pic image

Someone to help me move and repair my garden shed would be lovely thank you santa image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Artjak - there is method in the lilac one- when the men of the street are after wheelbarrows for heavy stuff - well lilac image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

My Daughters to bring their Christmas present plants to me before they are on life support machines discussing whether to switch it off or not.
    "Oh" take it to dad he will have it back in no time, then it is the major operation, the touch and go period followed by convalescence and handed back glowing only for them to be back on their last legs a month later.
    Please give them something they cannot kill Santa?

Frank.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Hey Frank, they then say 'what have you done to it!!'!!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.