London (change)
Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 11°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
31/03/2015 at 19:46

Hi Guys. My son has just been given an Atco Balmoral 17s. He is wondering about getting a scarifier head for it too. Do all Balmorals use the QX cassette system? How can I tell if its a cassette cylinder or not?

01/04/2015 at 21:09
softcentre wrote (see)

Hi Guys. My son has just been given an Atco Balmoral 17s. He is wondering about getting a scarifier head for it too. Do all Balmorals use the QX cassette system? How can I tell if its a cassette cylinder or not?

There's a lawnmower museum in Southport who kindly supplied information documents to me for an old Atco I was restoring.

www.lawnmowerworld.co.uk/

03/04/2015 at 10:57

Hi all lawn lovers. Does anyone own a Gardena electric roller mower, either battery or cable model? Any comments?

30/04/2015 at 09:28

Bump! No-one uses a Gardena electric roller mower?

30/05/2015 at 14:10

Easiest way to tell if your Balmoral lawnmower has the QX cassette system is to take a close look above the blades, if there's a metal horizontal handle just to the rear and above the blades then it has the cassette system as this handle is used to pull the cassette out.

To remove and exchange the cassette you first need to remove the right hand (viewed from in front of the mower) side panel, this is done by removing the 4 allen studs that hold it in place then remove the 2 allen studs, one either side of the cassette and towards the front of it. Once this is done grasp the formentioned handle and give it a sharp tug towards you, the cassette should now lift out.

Top Tip......... Before you refit the allen studs, run a little oil over the threads as this will help prevent the studs from rusting and freezing into the chassis making subsequent cassette changes super simple.

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages