Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today - Version 2

Hello - here's version two of this thread as the last one got too long.

I did a bit of raspberry pruning this evening. Nights are drawing out - yipppeeee! 

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

Just a bit of weeding and tidying up in the sunshine.  A lily my mum thought had died has some promising-looking buds low down so I've trimmed and repotted it.

Someone told me daylight's getting more by 15min a day at the mo, which sounds optimistic if you ask me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Some of us are used to seeing double...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Steve 309 wrote (see)

Just a bit of weeding and tidying up in the sunshine.  A lily my mum thought had died has some promising-looking buds low down so I've trimmed and repotted it.

Someone told me daylight's getting more by 15min a day at the mo, which sounds optimistic if you ask me.

It's actually about 4 minutes Steve.  Link here showing calculations for London (it varies by latitude, but that's close enough for anyone in the UK):

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/london.html

As a gardener, I welcome the longer days but the astronomer in me hates it! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

That sounds more like it.  I've got the details in an almanac somewhere.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    I sowed some parsnip seeds and cut out some of the old wood on currants image
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

A quick post from me - just to get me on the notification list for this threadimage

• I ordered some seeds and fed the birds. It's cold outside. Does that count?

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

Sure it counts.

This is my favourite site for sunrise/sunset: http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/london

I have it on my bookmarks toolbar and check it rather obsessively at this time of year...