Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today - version 3

Hi everyone, I've not been on the forum for quite some time (new format just wasn't for me despite trying). Just logged in out of curiosity (and a bit of insomnia!) to find a message from Nora dated August asking me to start a new version of this thread as the last one is too long I'm told. So here it is. 

Hope all of the old posters are well (I wonder if many other posters drifted away?) and that new posters are having fun on the forum. 

Watering and harvesting for me today. Hoping for a nice day pottering tomorrow.

Here's a link back to the previous thread:
http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/anyone-done-any-gardening-today---version-2/915541.html 

• Hi Tootles, nice to see you backimage

There have been some improvements and a lot of the old hands are still around, so give it another go!

Last edited: 10 September 2016 07:25:37

• hi tootles went down this morning 7 30am dug up enough spuds to fill 2 x40 gall water tanks very happy with amount I got nice big ones for jackets  (cara type) and chips and roasting    picked up green seed pots for bin    

• Suz3Suz3 Posts: 105

Unfortunately....nothing! image

I have been looking forward to getting in the garden all week, but it has been raining heavily in East Anglia all day (although I am sure the garden has been loving it!)

The OH's golf comp was even called off this morning so we have been shopping....twice!! (Unheard of in his vocabulary!)

Planning on some pruning and dead-heading tomorrow and I think I will also be roped into some remodelling of the pond, before a family BBQ at tea-time image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Taking fuchsia cuttings, dead heading and cutting back.

SW Scotland
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 5,290

Just battling with a Pieris which is bending over to crowd out the light to a lovely Azalea. Its partly due to some bamboo behind helping the top- heavy plant to lean a bit. Some trimming, staking and a good talking too should sort it!

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

A lot of painting, sorting of back gate, and tying in sweet peas which had a battering from the rain and wind in the last few days. 

Bought some Miami alliums and a few Ruby Giant crocus on a whim yesterday, so might get them planted tomorrow if the weather holds up. Front grass to get done tomorrow too as it didn't get done today  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Hi everyone

• Hi Tootlesimage I wondered where you had gone...

Had too much fresh air yesterday and was too image to file my report.

Started work on a thin border in front of a mixed hedge which is going to be a moth border. So far planted and moved some red valerian and eve prim. Also moved my two ailing jap anemones in, more of a last chance than anything to do with moths. Left a knapweed and some sort of pink valeriana with a forgettable name in place, also some knautias because they are doing well-ish and I can't see the mildew on them at the backimage Also left a couple of Thalictrum in.

I'll add some bladder campion and verbascum and have a think about the restimage

Wearside, England.
  • Daisy33Daisy33 Posts: 1,031

Hi C J W P and all

Just sitting and enjoying the garden today with a little dead heading and doing some cuttings. Glorious here in London and Tuesday set to be the hottest September day in 60 years.

This discussion has been closed.