21 to 40 of 421 messages
18/04/2012 at 11:47

Hi Obelixx,

I'll make sure I don't scalp everything!  My Boss is a 'sometimes' gardner really, as he doesn't have much spare time, so He's quite happy for me to tidy things up a bit.  The garden is only small and there aren't a huge amount of plants in it either.  I'll be staying here on and off for a few weeks, so I think I'll bring along some seedlings and baby plants for him to beef things up a bit, on his return.

Yvie

18/04/2012 at 12:14
Off to the greenhouse for me, I've got some courgettes,squash and cucumber seedlings which seem to have ground to a halt so hopefully new quarters will chubby them on a bit. Also have some calendula, tagetes and cosmos to move on. Managed to plant out mange tout, regular and sweet peas on Monday, they seem to be surviving. Too blustery and horrid to do anything else out there...but anything's better than ironing!
18/04/2012 at 12:45

It is 'orrible outside there is a bitter wind-everything fine in the greenhouse-my work is done for the day-except the hospital run this afternoon

Yvie-you be careful out there at the the big house

figrat-Jo will do the ironing for you- she likes that

18/04/2012 at 12:49

Today I've planted out my tomatoes in the greenhouse, all in individual pots, I have 7.  3 of 'Crystal', 3 of 'Golden Sunrise' and 1 of 'Suncherry'.    I find Golden Sunrise superlative for cooking but not as sweet as is stated by those that sell it.

My 4 months of struggle has begun also today as the first weeding of 'the Monster' took place.   This is the dreaded 'Horse's Tail' weed of which I am plagued.  Please take pity.

18/04/2012 at 12:49

Ha Ha, no I wont! (sorry Figrat) Got my own pile to do later on today.

Been busy doing inside chores as tomorrow will shop for treats to take to hospital on Friday. Weather not brill again & nothing pressing on garden front at the mo so better to saty busy indoors. J.

18/04/2012 at 15:03

Ok, guess how many steps there are in this Town House?

No prize!

Yvie

18/04/2012 at 15:15

Hi everyone--I am here, but I haven't figured out how to upload a photo.

18/04/2012 at 15:24

Inkadog go to your profile settings click on the edit icon below your current"image" a box will appear to let you upload a new image .

Yvie-47

18/04/2012 at 15:52

Hi everyone, good to see you all here. Hope I'll be able to find you all again   

Weather is stormy here too so no excuse now  not to start painting the kitchen but much rather be doing jobs outside.

I feel a bit mean as I've set a mousetrap in the greenhouse and caught three mice so far. I was blaming slugs for eating the tops of cosmos seedlings but begonia plugs had completly  disappeared too so i think mice are the culprits.  Do feel sorry though when I see the dead mice.            

18/04/2012 at 16:19

Thanks, Geoff. Bit gloomy here, but it's lightening up. Going to plant my tomatoes in their final spots in the greenhouse today.

18/04/2012 at 16:55

Feeling guilty now as have had a chocolate bar to celebrate finishing the 'kitchen blitz'- ie wiping down all the surfaces/cupboards properly & removing all the stuck on food etc that had been building up.

OH & daughter may both be good cooks, but they do have an inability to clean up properly (to my standard!) after themselves!

Inside cupboards not been done. Sometime maybe? Everytime I open the one & see the dust, I think of JEEMAR/Tellima who urged us all to get on with our spring cleaning a couple of yrs back. She's not been around for a while. I know her health wasnt good......J.

18/04/2012 at 17:26

Wouldn't feel guilty, Jo--a small reward and a job accomplished. I actaully hoover inside my cupboards and even the freezer! My spring cleaning is for gloomy days--latest job was steam cleaning all the downstairs carpets. I am actally happy that my place is so small-suits me. The upstairs suite only gets done when company is coming!

18/04/2012 at 17:30

Hi Pam-another famiiar face-are you having the mice on toast-they taste a bit like chicken

Lasagne has been made

18/04/2012 at 17:41
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Hi Pam-another famiiar face-are you having the mice on toast-they taste a bit like chicken

Which bit?

18/04/2012 at 20:26

Inka - You hoover your freezer?????????????

Yvie - 42

19/04/2012 at 04:39

Salino that Horse's Tail sounds like a nightmare.

Yvie-48- how will your own garden cope with your absence?

I was also wondering about hoovering the freezer

19/04/2012 at 08:56

It didn't snow yesterday like it was suppose to so I ended up doing spring yard clean up for a customer. This included raking a large lawn. I'm not one to wear gloves and ir's 1:30 am and I have 8 blisters on my hands that hurt like h..l. Can't sleep.lol

19/04/2012 at 10:50

Oh, painful, powwow!

I never thought about having the mice on toast and have already burried them. Do they have to be hung for a few days like game? If so I could resurrect them.

I'm with Inka on the cleaning. Do a basis tidying up  every day but save big jobs for gloomy days. However started painting the kitchen yesterday so will have to continue today.  Still the weather not much better.

19/04/2012 at 11:08

Damp  here but it also feels quite warm.

I have a gardening dilemma, another castor oil seed has germinated but the seed coating is attatched, do I help it along or let it sort itself out?

19/04/2012 at 11:24

That seems to happen with tomato seedlings as well sometimes-to save damaging it at this early stage I would be inclined to leave it to sort itself out-at least  for a few days

21 to 40 of 421 messages