London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
8 messages
05/03/2013 at 19:57

At last got a sunny day up the allotment today down here in Tenby,it was just great turned mi raised spud beds over a bit and the old manure has settled in just nicely just waiting for spuds,,water buts emptied and a touch of jayes bought em up sparkling,now full of fresh water with a touch of nettle tea all ready for summer ,wild life pond wakeing up, no frogs or toads yet but u can here them croaking away looking for mates or whatever, and not a slug in sight YET all the paths mowed,  scaffold boards all strimmed and presto all ready for the off whistle So good luck everybody its all getting close

Alan4711

05/03/2013 at 20:03
Sounds like a good day had
05/03/2013 at 20:03

Warm and sunny day here as well, Alan.  Had a lovely day outside even though I did get carried away a bit and came in rather late. You can sense the change that's just around the corner. Ooooh, can't wait.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19388.gif?width=216&height=336&mode=max

05/03/2013 at 20:08
Hi Alan it has been a lovely day here in worcestershire near the malvern hills I've been out in the garden weeding with the sun keeping me warm Ive also sown some leeks in the veg patch it felt so nice to be outside today cheered me up loads to see the sun
05/03/2013 at 20:14

was well below freezing first thing though here near malvern - -1.4 in GH. Still great the  rest of the day

That just to reminds us that it can still throw cold at us if it wants

05/03/2013 at 20:15

Ooh Alan!  A lovely sunny day in Tenby - can't beat that

05/03/2013 at 21:34

Gosh Alan you have had a busy day. After a chilly foggy start to my day the sun finally got going about 10.00 am. After gazing out the window at work longingly wishing I was at home in the garden I  finally got home at 3.00pm I was determined to get gardening. I had a good old time deviding a big clump of daylily and then finding new homes for all the new offsets [some are going to mates gardens] .After that went well I had a go at splitting a hugh pot of agapanthus , tricky or what? I am now in need of a new breadknife and a new pot I guess thats mothers day pressie sorted.It was good to feel the sun on my back  though roll on spring!

05/03/2013 at 21:38

We had a nice gardening day on Sunday so the beds were mulched and covered.

See you in the starting blocks Alan.

email image
8 messages