London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
4 messages
09/02/2013 at 15:06

Hi All, we just got back from our local auction and we picked up 7 heavy duty unused good quality hanging baskets for a song, theres always lots of garden pots,  tools, mowers, etc if you hav,nt ever tried the auctions you would be amazed at the garden stuff up for grabs and they are great fun,give em a try,

09/02/2013 at 16:05

I've occasionally seen unique garden artifacts on the numerous antiques shows (including auctions) on telly. There are a couple of antiques shows every night.

Reclamation yards also seem to contain huge quantities of unique artifacts.

They make garden centres, and the objects on offer at garden shows, look quite pathetic.

09/02/2013 at 17:32

Alan, thanks for the reminder. We don't have much in the way of local auctions, but quite often go on holiday to Wareham in Dorset where there is a good auction house. Next time, I'l be on the lookout.

09/02/2013 at 21:30

I do envy you in the UK for your many auctions, would love to go to one. I enjoy watching all the auction programmes on sat.TV. Here, we only have lost and found auctions run by the train/transport companies, mostly brollies, clothes, mobile phones and stuff like that, that people have left behind. The only real auctions are places like Sothebys and Christies, way above my budget!

email image
4 messages