Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

It would be nice if all posters put an avatar picture on -there are plenty of images on the web or a picture from their garden-just somethingimage- those blank pasty faces are so boring- and scareyimage

-and perhaps filled out a bit more about themselves on their profiles-especially those with the "Tower Hamlets" location-at least then others would then know a bit more about you and where you are writing from. image

Just a suggestion.image

• I can't up load foto's on my IPad Geoff, would love to post something next to my profile but can't. If I did it would be a photo of two doggies I knit called Fred and bob. Fred looks as if he is an a accident waiting to happen and bob is a beagle. They are very lifelike and sit together on one of my armchairs.
  • SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

I quite agree, am a sinner myself, but I just haven't found a photo of myself which is beautiful enough image! Will put one in soon though, as soon as I've figured out how to do it. I have filled in a profile though, even if i haven't been able to get rid of the Tower Hamlets yet. Never did get a reply to my e-mail asking why my real location doesn't appear. image

• SwissSue wrote (see)

I quite agree, am a sinner myself, but I just haven't found a photo of myself which is beautiful enough....

I found one which is quite a good likeness of me image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

I love it Dove, if one kisses it, does it turn into a princess? image As you can see, I've finally managed it. I'm a Leo with an Apple!image

• SwissSue wrote (see)

I love it Dove, if one kisses it, does it turn into a princess? image 

I shall have to ask my other half image

Actually, it's a photo of the frog we found in our garden the first week we moved here - I was so thrilled - now we see quite a few and have to watch where we walk - next door have a pond - they'll be spawning soon image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I like to see what pictures people have chosen and I regularly look at what they've written about themselves, it's a bit disappointing when there is nothing.

jon cob is your name meant to be a play on con job?

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.

I asked that because there had been a previous things about trolls that I didn't really understand and you were on that. My name is quite simply after the plant Busy-Lizzie (impatiens) because my name is Liz, I've never heard of another slang term. I'll have to google it. I hope you weren't being unfriendly, I didn't mean to be - just curiosity.

Googled it and only found plants.

This is for you, jon cob: imageimageimageimage