Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Bees

Hi All  anybody notice the increase of bees in the garden compared to other years im really impressed this year the plants in my front garden south faceing in full of bees

JB

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Have you got any honey bees James?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • lots of bees on the lavender and buddlia alll of sudden but alas an increase in cabbage butterflywho are laying eggs everywhere,hope something comes along to have a feast on some of them.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

We've got a few honeybees in our garden , but in the main lots bumbles, various solitary bees and lots of tree bees.  Also loads of hoverflies image  And I was saying yesterday, that I've seen more butterflies in the past couple of weeks than I've seen in the past five years all added together image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• djjjukdjjjuk Posts: 211

i have had loads of bees on our Sorbaria 'Sem'. we have a few other plants they visit but they are all over this one particularly. great to see!

• Yes I agree I have seen many more bee's and butterflies this year. Fantastic image

I am however still waiting to a wasp this year, so far not a one.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Our wasps appeared about 3 days ago - perhaps yours are with them image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• hehe You can keep them Dove. image They make me nervous. image

Maybe our's might be around soon then.

• XX Posts: 707

I've noticed loads of bees as well, hardly any wasps though, thankfully.

• patty3patty3 Posts: 129

We were in hunstanton and sutton on sea last week, We saw so many bumble bees  and butterflys along the beach, i could not believe  it!