London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
21 to 35 of 35 messages
21/08/2012 at 11:59
christopher2 wrote (see)
Can't we have a name n shame campaign? It can't be illegal if it's truthful a d it will forewarn us all when we consider buying from these companies

Mmm-not sure about that -I would be happier if people could make recommendations when things go right as you did in an earlier posting- the trouble is you will hear about bad experiences but not good ones

The problem is with companies like this is that if they don't respond to e-mails etc they will not respond to an opportunity to reply to complaints on an open forum like this which perhaps would help to redress the balance-didn't posters have similar complaints about Parkers a few weeks back and then about a T&M offer.

It is more a case of buyer aware and if something looks like a bargain it probably isn't -I think paying by credit card only gives you protection if the purchase totals over £100-so in most cases you are stuck if you can't get a refund direct.

24/08/2012 at 02:27

After spending over 20 mins on phone the other day ....Yes i got a replacement of 10 strawberry runners and guess what........They where all dead yet again they are dark brown twiggs with long roots which are very very dry.......

24/08/2012 at 02:31

And still no money back for the 17.99 peach tree i ordered............Wow cant believe these idiots have been in business for years......Just hope the complaints to certain authorities closes these idiots down but i doubt it

24/08/2012 at 07:52
Hi Kevin, shame about your purchases! A useful warning for others.
If you paid by debit card and it is a Visa/MasterCard one (I think) you still have some protection if the goods are faulty. Have a look on this this site

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

There is a template letter you can adapt. Haven't tried this myself but have used a template letter from here for something else that was successful. Good luck!
24/08/2012 at 08:20
nola wrote (see)
Hi Kevin, shame about your purchases! A useful warning for others.
If you paid by debit card and it is a Visa/MasterCard one (I think) you still have some protection if the goods are faulty. Have a look on this this site

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

There is a template letter you can adapt. Haven't tried this myself but have used a template letter from here for something else that was successful. Good luck!

As I said in my earlier post above -the purchase needs to be over a £100 for the credit card company to be liable

24/08/2012 at 09:40
Sotongeoff, you are right that It is ??100 minimum for credit cards.
It comes under something called "Section 75" and it is for claims to the credit card company.
Kevin said he used a debit card. The protection on this is called "charge back", it looks like the minimum spend may only be ??10 and it covers faulty goods as far as I am aware.
24/08/2012 at 09:49

May be worth dropping a line to 'Watchdog'.....it's quite easy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

24/08/2012 at 09:50
Not sure why there are ?? Instead of pound signs!
24/08/2012 at 09:55

Have looked at chargeback- nola- since you posted-it is a bit vague but would seem to cover purchases of £10 and above if goods are faulty etc-this might them be a way to go-thanks for that It seems to be hidden away and not well publicised

24/08/2012 at 13:08

I too made the mistake of ordering from Garden Bargains back in July and I too having only received half of my order have been emailing and phoning them with out any joy. They said they were going send me a non receipt form to claim for missing plants but even that has never arrived. They really are an awful firm and have no idea about customer service, I will not be using them ever again.

29/08/2012 at 02:16

sorry davidm31 to hear the same story of them ripping you off too. i am posting all over garden forums to try and let as many people know as possible. It is just not right for them to get away with taking peoples money and getting away with it

29/08/2012 at 02:25

Hi david k i have contacted bbc watchdog and hopefully will get a reply

29/08/2012 at 09:48

good luck with BBC watchdog Kevin, I find that they are usually only interested in problems that make good TV viewing.

I still feel very strongly that if people like GW put perssure on rouge retailers it would be more effective.

29/08/2012 at 13:24

perhaps we are going about this the wrong way why not email their big customers and ask them to read this forum  ie Ideal World  and  Bid tv even if these items were not bought from them they aught to know what people are saying about their suppliers because it could effect their credibility, the fact that Ideal world refunded someone shows they want to keep thier goodwill,

13/01/2014 at 14:13

Last year I ordered some plants and plugs from D.T.Brown. After a few weeks two plants of a pack of five were showings signs of wilting (ie. death). I phoned the company and no problem within two weeks I had a replacement pack of five not just the two that did eventually die. There was no quible or send the dead plants back, they just required my order number and there they were. So that's one good company.

email image
21 to 35 of 35 messages