London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
9 messages
25/04/2013 at 20:47

Garden chairs that  were being put out for free to collector  were in a rather sorry state.That bleached green look of too much time spent in the garden.I also got some more for my daughter ,it seemed a plague of chairs were being put.Maybe it was the bad weather or a change to the more sophisticated garden furniture I don't know.The thing was they were handy for when the family came round for a bar-b-Que and so I put up with  the shabby Chic look of the chairs until from nowhere a suggestion (to which I do not know its origin )to get a cloth put a little bit of veggie oil on a rag and rub in to the chairs to bring it back to life.I did not think it work and would it be greasy?Well they did come back to being green again and of course you wipe over to make sure its dry and hey presto new life for the chairs.A handy tip from somewhere and free chairs too!

25/04/2013 at 20:54

Are these plastic chairs you are talking about Rose ...I've got some mouldy and grungy chairs covered in green and grey...tried scrubbing them but no success...they are plastic but unfortunately white.

25/04/2013 at 23:25

I painted some old white plastic chairs blue with special paint for plastic a few years ago. It's lasted quite well. I'll try that tip on the old green ones, thank you.

26/04/2013 at 20:51

yes they are plastic,green ones that had been in the garden for some time and were that bleached look but now green and looking good.

04/05/2013 at 08:13

I have 2 white plastic sun louncher chairs that wer emy parents dont want to get rid but would like to do something with them .

I keep washing but not sure what else to change the look.

04/05/2013 at 08:18

thanks for the tip . we have some green ones .

08/05/2013 at 03:40

bump

08/05/2013 at 09:18

Hello, pash. I had a look at your profile, lovely photo on your avator, but why do you answer "bump" so often? I'm a curious sort of person

09/05/2013 at 16:12

You can paint plastic chairs with special pain (for plastic!)  There is 'All Purpose Paint' which will paint any surface but it is fairly expensive, but I have seen cans of spray paint which is suitable for plastic chairs. Some paint has an interesting 'textured' finish and some which almost looks like stone (speckled)  It was in my local In Excess (Hampshire/Dorset) but I'm not sure if there would be one of these shops in your area. 

email image
9 messages