Start a new thread

561 to 580 of 4,302 replies

David you are so kind I have nothing on my computer that comes close to your blue bell you win every time.

I will have to look at some sea scapes I have for my next installment

David Matthews2

Bluebell from last spring! Roll on longer daylight (coming shortly - I'm assured of this).

*I'm enjoying the "pooch pics" enormously - especially as I used to breed springers - but ceased when I changed jobs and moved to 'town' after living in a very rural 'tied' cottage (where I taught geography and geology at a field centre).

hi archiepem, no its Rainsborough in the Kentmere valley very near were i live, not sure if the spellings correct 

David i was made very welcome along with another newby i just didnt think the pictures shown were as good as i expected, i have been spoiled with all the good ones on here

i will go again David its perhaps a bit unfair to judge after just one week.

i am trying to understand the relationship between shutter speed, ios and aperture but i need to play a bit more i think

thanks i have subscribed to that i have looked at a few on youtube and im sure it will fall into place in time it seems to take longer to learn things the older we get or it might just be me 

well i did MMM very nice

Here we go todays photo

Devon about 5 am I think

@davidK that rose is to die for.. absolutely gorgeous..

John Harding

Just one I maybe should have put here last Monday

David Matthews2

I met this friendly little fellow whilst out walking in Austria a few autumns ago. Our paths crossed, so to speak, and then we each went calmly on our separate ways. Ahh!! [I hope KEF and others approve of this subject].

Nikki J

Again....loads of fantastic shots!!  David that a snake or a slow worm?

I got very excited when i saw the below on the road in Braithwaite Village, Cumbria until somebody informed me it was a slow worm!!

David Matthews2

Hi Nikki J, Most definitely a slow worm! (The hand in the upper pic belongs to my OH, Sandra). Female slow worms can grow up to about 60-65 cms - when 'gravid' with young developing inside, they exhibit a pronounced 'bulge' about 1/3 along their length (generally in late spring summer in GB but it can still be seen in early autumn in more mountainous/ hilly regions, like the Alps or Lake District.