little-ann

as long as there isnt too much of this efore we see the spring

KEF

Thank you Fidget

Days are getting longer

Little Ann I'll happily settle for posting pics of last years snow

KEF

First attempt at Macro on camera

Honest opinions please, am I too near the subject ? too far away etc ?

Flash went off on rose one.

KEF

little-ann

me as well kef    David is the macro man im sure he will give you some pointers, i have done some but need a lot more practise hopefully it will be covered in the course im starting this month

Advertisement

KEF

Thanks Ann. Hope you enjoy your course.

little-ann

Hi david, yes the classes start later this month, i have signed up with the lady i met at the camera club, she lives near me so we will be able to travel together although its only about 7 miles

it will be 9 two hour classes and two field trips, the tutor has an MA degree in photography

little-ann

Roys pictures are awesome David something to aspire to, i have found another club that is part of the university of the third age so weather permitting i might go along it is held a Ambleside so not so far

KEF
David K wrote (see)

Hi, KEF...well done with your first attempt. I'm not quite sure how the L25 macro setting works i.e. do you have to set the camera to macro, or does it automatically set (as some do) when the lens is close to the subject?

Shame the flash went off for the rose pic, but the others were nicely in focus.

David I have to set it to macro, then small symbol appears on top left of screen, but need to put my specs on to make sure I give it time enough to focus. So I'll be out walking with camera in one pocket and specs in the other

KEF

David, I'd better learn how to use this before thinking about an upgrade, amazing what you find on a camera if you wear your specs and read the guide 

Thanks for encouragement & advice.

little-ann

KEF i have to wear my specs for most things now and have an older pair on a chain when i am in the garden to do some jobs and have just got some distance ones for driving and TV, i seem to spend more time swapping from one to the other than doing things 

KEF

Ann

Guess who hasn't been doing her HW?

Above not in focus?

Obviously run out of flowers

little-ann

just playing with sizes