Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Camera Corner

Hi, folks

Welcome to ‘Camera Corner’.

I know we already have our ‘Garden Gallery 2013’ thread and it’s great for sharing pictures of our gardens.

However, I (and others) feel there is room for a thread where we may share other stuff, so with this in mind I’m starting this one that will hopefully be more photography orientated.

Perhaps we could post pics of gardens & places we have visited, wildlife, macro (close-ups), sunrises & sunsets, patterns, landscapes……the list is endless.

I’ll start things off with this pic I took earlier in the year of my local bluebell wood:

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

If Land slugs were this pretty , i wouldn't mind them as much.

• Is that a sea slug, fidgetbones? He/she is very handsome.

• Thanks, folks......perhaps I should have said that the bluebell wood located at Barton-under-Needwood, not far from Burton-on-Trent.

Sea slugs. aka Nudibranches, due to gills being naked and waving around in the water instead of  being internal. They do a similar job to land slugs, clearing up detritus, and grazing on soft algae. They are hermaphrodite, so he/she.

Almost as bright as your snail, David k.image

• fidgetbones wrote (see)

Almost as bright as your snail, David k.image

Nah! I knitted that myself. image

• Wow! That's impressive, 2 Wheel Gardener..... just the sort of thing I had in mind for the thread.

• 2 Wheel Gardener wrote (see)

Thanks David, photography is a bit of a hobby for me.

That's good news. image

It's been a good summer for butterflies:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/butterfly-buddleia_2317857b_zpsd46094d4.jpg

•  

this isnt the picture i wantd to post but for some strange reason the two that i have tried just say they cant be uploaded through this proxy i have no idea what that means so this is an actinidia