Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 726 replies

Joyce21

No doubt your wrist will curb your hill walking Fairy unless it's a gentle stroll.

Phew, that is absolutely breathtaking Fairy.

Sheps

Hi everyone, not sure if I've posted this shot before, but here you go anyways.

A Barn Owl on a fence.

Lovely shots ladies, and why the new thread, Fairy?

Sheps...

fidgetbones

Shrimp pedicure

Coconut crab

Advertisement

Sheps

Thanks Lb 

I bet the Shrimp Pedicure is rather ticklish, fidget 

Fairygirl

Love seeing your pix fidget. Hope you stick more of them on here  

If we were doing a caption competition, your first one would have to be   'you lookin' at me?' 

Gorgeous owl Sheps. Nice to see you - you've been missed. The mods like us to start a new thread when they get a bit big. Apparently they don't take so long to load or summat. 

My pic was taken on top of Goatfell's main summit  on Arran. I think about eight years ago - some time in December. The wrist would only be an issue if it was ice axe conditions Joyce....possibly. It's more the side of my hand that gives me a problem on here. RSI from using the mouse. 

fidgetbones

Very.  What you can't tell, it is in an underground cave. We dived through an underwater entrance, surfaced, took off the kit, and walked through to the pools at the back. The shrimp are blind, as they never see light. There are flashlight fish in there as well, but they were harder to photograph. You switch off all the torches, and they emerge from hidden corners, all you see are the pouches beneath the eyes glowing. very weird.

fidgetbones

One of my favourites. Me face to face with a big spotty fish. He was definitely looking at me. Probably because I had forgotten a snorkel when we jumped in and I was spluttering around.

fidgetbones

Inside Thundercliff cave, Christmas Island, Indian Ocean.
The picnic area , Direction Island.

Busy-Lizzie

Sheps, when a thread gets to 1000 posts Nora from the Gardeners' World team asks the person who started it to start a new thread.

What amazing pictures - those fish - the colours are fab and just so unlike anything we get here - what a wonderful experience to dive with them - love the owl Sheps - one of my favourite birds and looking so directly at the camera too. The bleak and haunting snow scene is beautiful too for so many reasons. This is a brilliant thread - it reminds me that there is more out their than my garden and familiar surroundings.

Pat E

Great shots everyone 

fidgetbones

I've got lots of fish shots. From the sublime to the ridiculous....

Obelixx

Beautiful pictures.   That snow scene is so serene and the fish colours so vibrant.    I have seen fish pedicures advertised further south in France on hols before and now I find there's one opening at Nantes which is not that far form here.

Beautiful barn owl - I've not heard one here yet but there are others about of the towit towoo variety.

Advertisement

Fairygirl

fidget - I love your photos. I hope you'll post more of them - even if you've posted them before. It's what I don't like about threads being closed. Many people (new members in particular) don't get a chance to see photos that have been previously posted - fidget's are a classic example.

Goatfell has a lovely trig on the summit  

fidgetbones

Kat the solitary dugong

sometimes the coral is so good you have to keep fins away
Prison island
Manicure
sleeping octopus sat on a rock,welldisguised.

Sunset. All photos ,Cocos keeling islands,Indian Ocean.

Last edited: 13 November 2016 17:09:28

Tray14

Sunrise in Hull Sunday 13th November

Lovely pictures Tray - I never saw it looking so serene.  I lived in Hull for a short time - my mother came from Hull and my eldest brother was born in a house in one of the avenues. Happy days....