Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Christmas lights in the garden

Driving home in the dusk yesterday evening I saw that a house down the road already has it's chains of twinkling lights strung along the shrubs and trees in the front garden - and it's still only November! 

They do look lovely - little white twinkles among the branches image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    I love Christmas Bling! Bring it on!
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Haven't seen any outdoor light yet but some homes have trees in the windows and things stuck on the windows. 

• The house opposite me put theirs up two weeks ago!  I must admit they are very pretty and tastefully done though.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • We keep our lights up all year but only switch on when visitors come and when I am out after dark my husband turns them on .It's very welcoming to come around the corner and see them lighting up our dark path as we don't have street lights.

• Two houses in neighbouring streets have had theirs up for a week already although they do like to go to town with the old light fest.

Anyhoo, I felt somewhat tardy and switched on the chicken fence lights this evening - on the most elegant twinkle/flash mode of courseimage

Wearside, England.
  • TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Mine went up today! its so cosy! I'm one of the those people that will have the down on Boxing Day though! For your viewing pleasure here are a couple of pics....

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Lovely Tootles - you're getting me in the mood nowimage  Mine will have to wait a week or two yet as I'm going to clean the carpets firstimage

I have an artificial half tree that I put on the kitchen wall and when I am coming back from walking the dog on a dark morning the lights guide me back and give a lovely welcomeimage Just like yours do butterfly6

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Don't think about decorations until I have been to Lincoln Chritmas market , next Thursday yo Sunday 

no longer put out lights anymore as we go and stay with relatives for about 2 weeks image

one  person in the Village had put up there lights , more to come and I do like themimage

Merry Christmas everybodyimage

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

I absolutely love Christmas lights image

Tootles your tree looks beautiful 

Cant wait to see who else has theirs up

Mine will be next weekend image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

I couldn't find our Crimbo lights last year so bought some new ones.  The day after I'd strung up all the new lights I found the old onesimage  Any suggestions as to how I can use 2 sets of lights one with 300 and the other with 240 bulbs?