Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 165 replies

Dordogne Damsel

Apologies all for being absent, the last few weeks have been a complete rollercoaster ride. I did manage a week in the Algarve to brace myself for what's ahead and now it's official - the deal is done, Château de Gateau is going to happen, aiming for opening on the 3 rd July. 😁

Can't wait to get started and will keep you all posted, with before and after pictures. So excited, but also still in shock, there were times when I thought it would never happen. 

Garden is priority for the moment. Thanks for everyone's support. 😊  

Watch this space. 😁😁😁😁

1Runnybeak1

Hooray !!!!   Well done DD.    All my  best wishes for a new life and a new beginning for you and Charlie.

Last edited: 25 May 2017 20:18:56

Dovefromabove

Fantastic news DD ..................... I'd be leaping about with joy if I'd not just done me leg in!!!  

As it is I'll raise a big glass of something vaguely medicinal and drink a toast 

" to Chateau de Gateau ............  and all who bake, eat, live love and laugh there ........ much success to you"

Hazel --

Well done DD! You have worked so hard for this and I am so pleased for you Many congratulations and here's wishing you every success for the future.

punkdoc

YES, YES, YES !!!!!!!

Advertisement

Fairygirl

Fantastic DD  

Well deserved too - no stopping you now. Love from all the fairies xxx  

Well done!!!! Lots of luck and best wishes. Will be eagerly watching!!!

Obelixx

Brilliant news DD.  Very happy for you.   Lots of work to come but you're not afraid of that and it will be so good to have your own venture.  I hope Charlie is thrilled too.

Topbird

Brilliant - simply brilliant news. Well done you!

fidgetbones

As you come out of the dark times, remember the best revenge is to live well. I wish you all the best luck in the world. Ten years down the line, you will feel fantastic and all the hard work will be worth it.

Hostafan1

Fantastic news DD.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was a bit concerned by your absence recently and feared for bad news, but was sure with your determination and conviction you'd get there. AND YOU HAVE. 

Lots of love to you , and to Charlie as you begin this wonderful new and very exciting chapter in your lives. 

Great News DD I wish you all the best.

Congratulations! You have achieved so much. Best wishes for a busy, happy future!

Well done DD We've never met but I'm ridiculously pleased for you!

Guess you won't have much time for posting before (or after!) 3rd July, but the hard work will be worth it!

Advertisement

Dordogne Damsel

Thank you all. 😁

I really appreciate all your good wishes, it's been so difficult the last few months but that's all behind me now. The waiting for French bureaucracy to do whatever it was supposed to do Incredibly frustrating but at last I am in control of my own destiny. 😊

Next week I am off to Bordeaux to Ikea, the nearest one, to buy cutlery, tables and chairs and kitchen equipment. Hardest thing to find so far are English teacups, it might need a trip to UK. 😊

The first job at the house is to make a terrace for the outdoor eating area, large tiles are looking like the best option at the moment, based on a tight budget and the need for a flat easy to clean surface. I need an awning too and am looking at the sail things but also the roller kind, so many decisions but such a tight budget, prioritising important but I think lots of tubs of flowers will hide a lot of flaws. 🌸🌼🌹

Fairygirl

DD - I think the only mistake you've made is the opening date.

Should have been the following one....Independence Day   

We'll all be sending you loads of love on opening day - and there will be cake 

Fantastic news DD, so excited for you and looking forward to more updates.

Charity shops and junk shops nearly always have abandoned tea sets for sale so yes, I think a trip to the UK will be necessary.

Beaus Mum

Oh DD how exciting.  So happy for you and can't wait for update pics etc xx

fidgetbones

Certainly the local auction and local charity shops round here have good china  tea sets for  less than Ikea charge for nasty pot mugs. Most of them seem to have been in cabinets their whole lives and only ever used for best.. high days and holidays.    Floral is out of fashion for general use but ideal for your tea shop.