1 to 20 of 23 messages
21/04/2014 at 08:20

The weather man (and it was a chap I listened to on R4 on Saturday morning) promised me that we would have heavy rain yesterday and last night, so on Saturday I treated the front lawn with Weed & Feed - have we had any rain?  Have we heckaslike  

I've done everything I know to make it rain.  I've hung a load of jeans on the line and left them out overnight.  I've watered all the pots.  I've had the car cleaned. Not a drop has fallen from the sky  

Shall I set up the sprinkler on the lawn this morning and water the treatment in, or will that be a waste of a precious resource as it's bound to rain later .........

21/04/2014 at 08:25

Dove, I'm in a similar situation. Want to apply lawn fertiliser but ground was too dry few days back.  Decided to wait for the rain yesterday.  Dry now and later so will apply later anticipating more rain but, in any case, will put sprinkler on.

However, I would not water this morning preferring to do this in the evening.

You do realise I will have a greener, lusher lawn than you this year, don't you Dove? 

21/04/2014 at 08:29

I think there's every likelihood of that Verdun - I'll guarantee that even with the Weed & Feed, I'll have more dandelions than you 

21/04/2014 at 08:31

We had all the rain here. That's because I watered everything well on Saturday morning. Put the sprinkler on ,dove.

21/04/2014 at 09:51

we had a delightful amount of nice steady rain for most of yesterday ( Norht Devon) which has done the garden the power of good. I swear I could actually see the hostas bigger every time I looked from the window.

21/04/2014 at 09:55

We were promised rain yesterday. I watered in the new plants but left the shreddings mulch til after the rain. So do I hope to get rain in the next couple of days or mulch now before it gets any dryer

21/04/2014 at 10:30

We were promised rain yesterday too, and boy did we get it! It was raining from about 8ish nonstop till about 5.30. And not just a drizzle, it was hammering it down the whole time. Hopefully they are wrong for the next few days, rain forecast till weds ......not raining at the mo......

21/04/2014 at 10:54

Think you must've had our share too Lily   hazy sunshine here now - no sign of rain ............ line full of washing too 

21/04/2014 at 12:21

We were promise rain too, for about 4 hours in the night, but it never arrived.  I too have tried hanging washing out, even singing, the only thing I haven't done is kill a spider.....still no rain  I've used half a water butt of water already and think I will have to get the hosepipe out later and then do a major slug hunt tonight ....... Urghhhhhh 

21/04/2014 at 12:30
Its meant to be raining here too. I've washing out, electrical cables running across the garden, I've already watered my pots, I've even loudly mentioned BBQ but still the sun shines!

I'm putting the weed and feed on tonight and hoping for the promised rain that may now come down tomorrow.

Funny just a few months ago I was using a bucket to drain the water off my garlic!!

Today's big decision for me is where does the wormery go. I really don't want them cooking!!
21/04/2014 at 16:42

Put my pricked out seedlings into the greenhouse today.....guess what..way too warm, and they have all got frazzled by the heat!! Will have to start again with my Broccoli, Cabbages and Caulis....oh poo!!

21/04/2014 at 16:59

Hello Linda Taylor  I was at school with Linda Taylor - is that you?  It was a very long time ago ................................. 

Lyn
21/04/2014 at 17:41

We had so much rain yesterday its filled all the butts, and some of them are huge!.

My decision of the day, after a long days gardening, do I cook the roast lamb dinner (did put meat in at 3)or make a sandwich and put me feet up?

21/04/2014 at 17:50

If you have some nice baguettes or ciabatta I would have roast lamb baguettes and chips for a quicky tea 

My dilemma is go and sow some seeds in my planters or take it easy???

21/04/2014 at 17:50
My decision of the day - do I leave clematis alpina Pamela Jackman in its pot for first year when im sure its in the right place, or just plant it? Took all of 5 seconds to go fetch the spade!
21/04/2014 at 18:13

I love Clematis alpina Pamela Jackman - I planted this one in 2012 - look at it now! 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/42922.jpg?width=350

Plant it, give it some FB&B, water it and stand well back 

Decision ........ where can I plant some more Clematis alpinas?

21/04/2014 at 18:18

Oh that's lovely Dove  I don't know what variety of Clematis it is that I have but it's in a pot (which I've since realised may be wrong ), but it is coming along very nicely seen as it was a rescue one at the end of last summer. I'm looking forward to it flowering and then someone may be able to help me ID it.

I love Clematis and am seriously thinking of getting another, they are so pretty 

21/04/2014 at 18:25

Oh you must get another clematis - it's like keeping chickens - it's cruel to only have the one 

21/04/2014 at 18:27
Dove, I got Pam after your recommendation, can't wait til it looks like yours.
21/04/2014 at 18:32

Ha ha Dove......that's what I said about roses and suddenly I seem to own 7!!!  I only had 1 a few months ago  I can't think where I'd put a clematis, would love it against the back wall but it would have to go in a pot and that's not good, is it? I have just seen one called Happy Birthday, £15 on crocus and very pretty, would be a most appropriate use of birthday money 

1 to 20 of 23 messages