London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
3 messages
16/05/2012 at 16:59

Hello,

I have the gardening bug! Last year we moved to a house with a greenhouse and south facing garden and so I've put both to use this year. I have a number of herbs and vegetables growing from seed. Both herds and vegetables are growning well, so I must be doing something right. Now I wondered about what other seeds I could germinate. So does anyone have any information on the followng

Laurus nobilis seeds, some say refridgerate for 2 weeks and some say plant straight away in compost.

Olea europaea olive (Olive Tree) Seeds not googled advice on these yet

Strelitzia reginae (Bird of Paradise Flower) not googled any advice on these either yet

On the good side I have got an 8 watt heated propagator and a soil thermometer on its way. I hope that this is a good start.

Thanks in advance, Tina

16/05/2012 at 20:22

I'm wondering if The Potting Shed is more a place to "hang out" and chat rather than to ask questions, so i'll re-post in the plants section to, if thats fine.

17/05/2012 at 20:40

Hi Tina_i_am, I have grown a Bird of Paradise Plant on from a seedling which i got from my local Wilkinson's Store. That was Three Years ago,It is now 12" in height, but will not Flower for another four year's or so, They need a lot of TLC.I keep her in my greenhouse, but if we do get a decent summer up here in Manchester. I will be bringing her to sit with my Banana plants and Ginger Lily's and Cannas. In my Tropical croner,on my Patio.You can get a lot of the Seed's from off the tinternet.

Good Luck And Happy Gardening.

Tazmanalun.

email image
3 messages