London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
1,981 to 2,000 of 29,275 messages
13/07/2012 at 11:39

Geoff, I thought St Swithin's Day was July 15th, certainly hope it is as the forecast for Sunday is better than Saturday.

13/07/2012 at 11:44

Well done Wilson -just waiting to see who would spot that one first-

Then we are reprieved!!- 40 days and 40 nights of sunshine-how will we all sleep?-or doesn't it work like that?

13/07/2012 at 11:45

I'd never heard of St Swithins Day, but just looked it up! Wow. Something else that I've learned on here. It also does say this year it is the 15th MuddyFork.

13/07/2012 at 11:45

Lottie another birthday tea?-you spoil me

What else have we learn't to date?

13/07/2012 at 12:03

Well, in the one week I've been registered I've learnt to:

Turn off my email notifications for the forums, not put my mouse cursor anywhere near THAT blue unfolding advert, how to build raised beds, that David K can teach me all about sweet peas, that the sun follows Geoff around and to be patient with my tomato plants!! And now, all about St Swithins Day! Riveting stuff!

13/07/2012 at 12:08

3.000,000 rivets were used in the construction of the Titanic-now that is seriously riveting stuff

13/07/2012 at 12:21

My eldest son's birthday is on St Swithins day.  The legend is in the guiness book of records as the least accurate way of looking at future weather, as in this dear country of ours, weather willl never be the same for 40 days no matter what happens on the day.

13/07/2012 at 12:38
Bookertoo wrote (see)

My eldest son's birthday is on St Swithins day.  The legend is in the guiness book of records as the least accurate way of looking at future weather, as in this dear country of ours, weather willl never be the same for 40 days no matter what happens on the day.

Please tell me you called him Jonah

13/07/2012 at 12:53

Lottie Just before you get to Sainsburys look right and you will see lots of yellow balloons

Lottiebeans wrote (see)

I like liver! Yes its offal, but its tasty!

Sunny here at the moment but I suspect not for long.

Pam, haven't seen any of your posters! (Haven't been to homebase!) How will I find you?

Got to shop at lunchtime instead of dig - OH has decided he wants a birthday tea so I have lots of in-laws turning up tomorrow. The present has arrived from Amazon I'm pleased to say!

Pam x

13/07/2012 at 13:20

First lot of jam in its pots. Am eating spare raspberries everytime I go into the kitchen. Smell in house is wonderful! Still to wash up though - the jam pan will get used as a washing up bowl later on. It's soaking, along with any sticky implements.

Have got daughter to retell me her rota & think next thursday will be next pick/jam session. How come she's got more time off? After that no more spare jars suitable for jam- tend to use original spice/chutney jars for actual chutney at the end of Sept. Already have the big jars, 2lb, ready for mincemeat, but since have one jar still to use, may not need to do more this year.

The squirrel has been to investigate the feeder cage again, but didnt attempt to get inside this time, thank goodness. The blackcaps are fascinating to watch, so athletic hanging upside down at the very end of branches of the amelanchier to get at the berries. The blackbirds have given up as they just fall out of the tree in their efforts now to get at the last berries. J.

13/07/2012 at 13:57

B squirrel CAN get into the 'cage'  but if you scare it enough it can also get out! Once it's too big......... At least if worst come to the worst I can remove the bottom half of the cage to release it...... dont fancy doing that though.

Oh & it's really steady rain now, J.

13/07/2012 at 14:31

Careful,Jo. I got bitten by a young squirrel that I rescued form my dog.  

13/07/2012 at 14:46

Have had to repair the chicken run-why do they have to keep finding an escape route-this time it was on the gate -well it is well chicken-wired now so hopefully that route has gone

I see John Terry despite all the evidence against him was found Not Guilty-mmm

13/07/2012 at 16:21

When do the celebs ever get found guilty??

Lilylouise I will be on the lookout for you - am guessing you might be in Per......Drive, but if not I'm sure I can find you! Will just look out for the most stunning garden! This is exciting!

I have just discovered my dog has his own facebook entry - don't know who set that up!

13/07/2012 at 16:23

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/ngs001-1.jpg

Pam x

13/07/2012 at 16:39

Ok, now I know!! Will not bring any free children with me though!

13/07/2012 at 16:58

dear sontongeoff, no I didnt call him Jonah, but he's never brought either sun or rain for 40 days, but much sunshine into our lives!

13/07/2012 at 18:03

Bookertoo

Have been trying to sort out sat-nav  for France and had an on-like chat with Sarah-not sure if it is sorted yet but you are not allowed a speed camera alert or risk £1000 fine-this is work in progress again-also got to get a breathalyzer kit- fine for not having that-11 euros-mixed standards???

We will now be told how misunderstood JT is now and what a nice chappy he is really

Can't see me coming to Woking but expect to see lots of pictures and Lottie waving furiously behind the camera

13/07/2012 at 19:24

It's really chucking it down now. Have just noticed that I missed a bit of lawn yesterday. Not the deliberately leaving uncut bit, but just beneath some flopping over penstemons. They have got some support, but the rain has battered them down again. Of course it's the bit nearest the patio doors so is really bugging me!

Am going to do some ironing tonight, must watch the last bit of last weeks Wallander before next episode shown. Then I may understand the plot better? J.

13/07/2012 at 19:54

I have survived M5, M4 and M25, I never want to see another caravan again. Mixed weather, some glorious sunshine and some very heavy rain.

My garden has survived without me, obvioulsy heavy rain makes it easier to go away. There is a yellow dahlia in my "red square".

1,981 to 2,000 of 29,275 messages