London (change)
Today 27°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
10/02/2013 at 16:44

Hi Forkers---doing a bit of catch-up---

Love Dean's pots

Proud of Jean's grandson

Favorite gardening book for me is Botanica--mostly for i.d.,then look up details on line

I am a bookaholic--prefer the real thing, but e-readers have the capability of making the print larger, which is sometimes a definite advantage.

A gloomy day today, but the snowdrops and Iris reticulata are in bloom.

10/02/2013 at 16:46

Aaw Lottie sorry to hear that.  We're all here for you anytime you need to chat about things.  Sometimes I think its easier to "talk" on here than with close friends and/or family. x

10/02/2013 at 16:50

Good news here : It HAS stopped paining and the clouds have lifted a little so can now see bottom quarter of the hills. Damp make severything so cold though.

problem here is as OH is still not 100% we are rapidly runnng out of wood - maybe enough for 3 more fires- think we will have to go to country store and buy some to tied us over. shame as we have plenty in the store waiting to be chopped

Enjoy Doddy Jo 

10/02/2013 at 16:50

Dear Lottie, so sorry to hear of your troubles as well. Caz is right---sometimes it's helpful to have a place to have a bit of a moan when you have to put on a brave face for others.

10/02/2013 at 16:58

Oh Lottie just read your post. What a difficult time for you with your brother nad Granddad. 

You are right gardening is such a great therapy, it rescued me when my M was being difficult

And inka - I much perfer books you can skip pages if boring, or flick back to catch up if forgotten a point. (I know you can do that electronically)I just like feel of them as well 

10/02/2013 at 17:02

Hi Inka & BJay - I prefer real books too but can see the advantage of a Kindle but haven't bought one yet!  Nothing can beat browsing in a bookshop, choosing books at the Library, buying books from charity shops and swapping with friends.  I love having a book passed on to me recommended by a friend who knows I will enjoy - bit tricky with a Kindle

10/02/2013 at 17:45

Lottie-virtual cyber-hugs

xx

10/02/2013 at 17:51

I love my Kindle-but still haven't a read a book on it-I need to investigate this but you can lend books to other users- I read today.

I trust Jo will relate some jokes to us tomorrow

10/02/2013 at 17:54

Hi All! 

I am "Gardened Out" Watched back to back gardening programme's most of the day, n OH brought back March issue of "Grow Your Own" after shopping escapade with eldest Daughter! 

Some nice words n thoughts being portrayed on here this afternoon!  n have alway's said the Gardening fraternity type people are so much more nicer and approachable than most other Folks! 

Right! Best go preper tea! (Dinner Else Where!)

My Thoughts with ya Jenny!  

10/02/2013 at 17:58

But I don't get an award for preper! 

Prepare! 

10/02/2013 at 18:03

You can always blame it on the predictive text Dean

BJay there is a lovely little Heuchera I've got my eye on called - 'Petite Pearl Fairy'

http://www.morton-nurseries.com/plant_Detail.php?plant_id=245

10/02/2013 at 18:08

That heuchera looks delightful. I wonder if it'll be in a GC when we go to England in April.

10/02/2013 at 18:09

That is really pretty. Have put it on my list and remembered to write down supplier - often forget that bit

Any one else any suggestions??

Think I'll open a thread 

10/02/2013 at 18:18

"Oh! That Bloody Predictive Text" 

Caz! ? 

Ya think I got away with it n nobody saw it? 

10/02/2013 at 18:19

Nope- and the grammar need attention

10/02/2013 at 18:21

Flo will probably spot it Dean

10/02/2013 at 18:23
Still spring cleaning and getting a worrying amount of satisfaction from cleaning Venetian blinds in the bath. 4 done, 4 to go...
10/02/2013 at 18:24

Hello forkers - just popping in - have been cooking and doing 'stuff' most of the day  - it's jolly windy outside - it's howling around in the chimney.  

Jean, I do hope you get good news about your daughter soon - what a star your grandson is - I know the challenges he faces - he can be very proud of himself 

10/02/2013 at 18:27
It's an actual 'book' I am reading not a kindle version .

Geoff you can lend books through your amazon 'manage kindle' but not all books have the lending option , it would be highlighted in in the books product details.
There is also a lending library you can borrow from also through kindle, think you may have to join prime for that .
10/02/2013 at 18:29

Hi everyone.

Full up after tea. Roast pheasant, with bacon on the top, bread sauce, cabbage, mash, roast parsnips, and gravy. Then we had pancakes as we will be away from home on Tuesday, Now need to relax and watch a bit of TV.

Sorry to hear of Jean and Lotties trouble, trust they will have some good news soon.

Off to watch Blandings.

Chris.