London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
11/02/2013 at 18:49

Good evening Dean. And anyone else who's about.

Mizzy, vile dull day here, heavy wet snowfall for an hour and a bit around middle of day. At a meeting until 2pm  and busy after so no time to play.

Caz W wrote (see)

Instead of us buying each other Valentine cards/gifts we send the money we would have spent on them to the Dogs Trust.  We sponsor "The Oakfield Oldies" (the dogs too old to be rehomed)  and we always get a Valentine's card from one of them.

The rescue I work with has a Sponsor scheme, I'm i/c admin etc and have spent yesterday and today sending out Valentine cards to the Sponsors on behalf of the dogs

11/02/2013 at 18:56

Oh Caz, that just looks so yummy! Love Maltesers

Bjay I'm sure OH didn't do it on purpose. Is he paying for the repair?

Geoff you should be ashamed of yourself again!  Mrs. Geoff deserves some red roses and chocolates.

I pruned a climbing rose this afternoon, that makes 2 so far in between the rain. About 14 more to go, not counting the shrub roses.

11/02/2013 at 19:06

Cloudy and somewhat mild here--temp @7*c at 11 am.

Planted sprouted sweet peas yesterday--leftover seeds from last year. Had started some in the fall the year before, then some about this time, and they all began blooming at once, so didn't bother this year with fall planting.

Unlike you, we have had a mild winter--unlike the other side of the country which is digging out after a blizzard. Again.

Seems like a good day to hole up with tapes of Lewis and Midsomer. Last Downton Abbey is next Sunday--it's the one you saw as the Christmas special, I think.

11/02/2013 at 19:17

Hi Inka - it hardly seems any time since you said you were waiting to watch the latest series of Downton and now you're almost at the end.  Hope you'll get the new series we're enjoying now - Mr Selfridge.  I've just finished my 2nd Louise Penny book and will be hoping to get another one on next visit to Library.

Well done Flo - you old romantic - sending out all those Valentines .  We keep all the pictures we've been sent of "our dogs" and they are all stuck on the inside door of the airing cupboard

Yo Deano!

11/02/2013 at 19:21
Evening Flo! Morning Inka! Yo! Caz! ; )
11/02/2013 at 19:27

No OH not pay - mainly because he doesn't have a pension/work/benefits or a mix of the 3. He lives off me

Not as bad as it sounds, just until he reaches 65 money is a little tight, but should be improving in nexr couple of months- fingers crossed

When I pruned one of my shrub roses it left me wih 3 scratches across my nose, i look most strange 

Hi Dean

Thought of you when i saw the snow Inka but then realsed you are the opposite side of your huge country

11/02/2013 at 19:28

Evening Dean-is it time for bed yet?

Corrie coming on

11/02/2013 at 19:29
Nice idea for doggies and then valentine doggies

I see horse gate continues.... And now pope gate

Evening dean, inka, flo and all...

Nice looking cake
11/02/2013 at 19:32
bunnysgarden wrote (see)
I see horse gate continues....

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18508.jpg?width=314&height=350&mode=max

11/02/2013 at 19:40
Hi B'j! n Bunny!

Geoff! It won't be so far off! ; ) n good evening to you too! ; )

Not being ignorant, but now new laptop jobby just about up n running trying to sort the iPhone, iPad, iPod n the iaintgotacluewhatimdoing to talk to each other!
11/02/2013 at 19:41

Rather you than me Dean - I wouldn't have a clue where to start with all that

11/02/2013 at 19:45
Sorry for not playing, been doing a bit of work while OH was making the fish pie (under my instruction obviously!). I left work early this aft, so thought I should do a bit more.

Still snow around here, there is a lovely pristine sloping field up the road. I wish I had a sled/ge to slide down it with.
11/02/2013 at 19:46
PS waiting for Lewis, is Robbie really going to retire?
11/02/2013 at 19:50
Don't they just sync themselves dean ? *ihaventaclueeithersmiley*

Heeee horse gate , we had gammon from Aldi tonight ...think it was gammon
11/02/2013 at 19:51
Sledging ? I'm not safe on 2 feet let alone a sledge
11/02/2013 at 19:54

Fizz is in a red phone box-just thought l'd share

11/02/2013 at 19:56
Fizzy fone box
11/02/2013 at 19:57
Not as far to fall though Bunny!
11/02/2013 at 20:00