London (change)
Today 16°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
13/02/2013 at 07:54
Morning all

Hope you feel better today inka , and everyone else , lots of poorly folk

Think I'd prefer Mardi gras too

Snowing here, couple cm so far no garden plans .
13/02/2013 at 08:01

Morning Glyn and Bunny.

Everyone else still snuggled up in bed, then?

13/02/2013 at 08:05

grunt

13/02/2013 at 08:07
I think so Flo although I didn't fancy getting up myself this morning.

I see horse-gate is still at large
13/02/2013 at 08:22
Up and daughter off to school. Just thinking of a bacon sandwich perhaps! Very cold here. Will be a fine day though as I am off to work. Next bad day due on Sunday - my day off.
13/02/2013 at 08:25
Morning grunt and sue

Bacon or horse sue ? dippy or poached eggs here
13/02/2013 at 08:37

Morning forkers,

Up a bit late this morning. Another cold day, but warm monsoon on the way.

Appearing on Sky News shortly, Mary Beard, who has been awarded the accolade of Oldie Pin Up of the Year...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277845/Mary-The-Oldies-pin-year-Cambridge-professor-laugh-Internet-trolls-scoops-award.html

The term Oldie might seem politically incorrect, but that's the name of the magazine that sponsors the competition.

13/02/2013 at 08:41

It's The Oldie magazine's award so I suppose that's politically OK then

Oooh, Bunny, I could really go a bacon sarnie right now.

13/02/2013 at 08:43
Horse bacon. Now there's a thought.
13/02/2013 at 08:51

Well done, Mary Beard . As an oldie myself and from Cambridge to boot I think she has huge personality and is obviously extremely intelligent. The sad piece in the article is she says that if this had happened 30 years ago she would have hidden in a cupboard and cried. Is it age that has made her stronger or that finally women feel stronger in themselves? Discuss....

S.

13/02/2013 at 09:06
I think age makes you stronger
13/02/2013 at 09:38

Oh poo poo and thrice poo  Bloomin' car won't start. It never lets me down so it's a big surprise. Meant I couldn't go to WW this morning, luckily nothing else that can't be walked to today. It's just something that will take up time to deal with now.

13/02/2013 at 09:49

Does it make an effort to start - presumably the battery is OK. I say this because my car had a completely flat battery a couple of weeks ago. That was due to low usage and cold weather.

13/02/2013 at 09:57

Morning all

Snowing here. Car gone to be fixed. 

I feel just like I did when I had tropical moments, But didn't sleep to badly. When I read Dean's post I am quite healthy.overall

Dean I hope OH gets on OK

It's life's experience that makes you strong, so it could be in 30's. 40's etc Well that's what I think.

Oh Yes - we had waitrose meat balls last night - then heard they had been withdrawn -  I think it's only the frozen ones though.

13/02/2013 at 10:28
Oh dear car troubles

Horse balls rosa

That's what I meant rosa ...life events you experience with age , although just just modelling on myself there , guess some older had had less or more 'experiences' , I'm not past it yet
13/02/2013 at 10:31
Bunny life experience ok but we have all got to keep learning and experiencing new things. That what keeps us all young and fresh. Snowing now - just off to get the sledge (not!)
13/02/2013 at 10:36
Definitely have to keep learning and experiencing , when we get our watermill and land in France that will provide more experience

Sledging .... experience sue , experience
13/02/2013 at 10:37

Well that was a lie-in-lazy git

Got comfy watching something on i-player about Kings Cross and couldn't be bothered to move

I see we are onto deep questions again-read and saw enough of that yesterday on popegate-it is time to put the fun back into our lives-so come on buck up-this is the funny thread

Now who wants jump leads to get going

13/02/2013 at 10:45

Not sure if it is a battery problem, it's not 'catching' properly. The battery is obviously suffering now that I've had several goes. Probably best to call RAC, after all I pay for Home Start and never use it.

As to deep questions, when I had my first holiday job my mum said never discuss politics or religion!

13/02/2013 at 10:48
Hello. I'm home. Went in, OH phoned to say snow had started, steady fall now. Rescheduled my students. snow settling and drifting, supposed to be like this all day.

Been up the garden to replenish the bird food. Tea and toasted hot cross bun now.

Road OK so far, might still have to go to dentist....... Unless