Start a new thread

21,681 to 21,700 of 29,275 replies

figrat

Oh forgot to mention that I bought some seed spuds and they're chitting away in the GH as well - never grown them intentionally before, but have had a few come up from what I presume was undigested compost, thought I'd give first earlies a go. 

Just off to pop bloke's V. card through his letterbox - same every year, I chop out the letters from newspapers and glue them on like you'd send a ransom note! I wonder if he will know who it's from?

FloBear

Hello all. Been having a major catch-up. Loved all the bunny stuff - I remember when we had a horsey theme going a while back - that was before they were found in meat products.

Glad to hear Dean's OH and Jean's daughter doing well

Had a really busy day not seeing much of the sun so am crashing out for an hour before heading off to belly dancing.

Back later

Deanos Diggin It
Well, an early finish was awarded, so nipped into the plot on the way home to check all was well!
All the autumn planted Japanese onion sets, both red n white are up n on there way as is the Broad Bean (Aquadulce claudia) and both soft n hard necked garlic, so I am an "Happy Chappy"

Checked over front garden on arrival home, n in the small border the daff's are peeking through, potted tulips on there way also n the potted shrub's are all budding nicely! : )

I love this time of year! You defoe know Spring is just around the corner! : )))
Miss Becks

Have a good night Flo!

Yes, Dean, all getting exciting! This will be my first proper year, doing things properly (timings and so on), so am really looking forward to it!

sotongeoff

Dean -I have a complaint-the sweet pea seeds you sent me have not come through yet-do you handle the money-back guarantee?

Advertisement

FloBear

Thanks Becks.

I am looking forward to getting going on some sowing and planting as everyone else here seems to be well ahead of me. Hope it's a nice day tomorrow then I might be able to get an afternoon outside.

Koalagirl

Just popped in to say hi. 

I sowed some seeds in my conservatory without any additional heat the Saturday before last and they have all come up.  I feel really springlike now.  Dianthus, heleotrope, leeks, parsley and basil.  I grow basil in the kitchen practically all year round.  My potatoes are sitting in their egg boxes chitting away merrily also (Lady Cristl and Charlotte).  

I got home from work before the sun went down and had a little wander around the garden.  I can hardly wait until I can come home from work and mow the front lawn.

I was on the local radio last week and nobody heard.   I tried to signal to my niece that I was on the radio and she misunderstood and turned it off!  I had phoned in with the answer to a competition - the fabulous prize was a Splash FM mug.

Deanos Diggin It
Geoff!

Did you not read the T & C's? (You of all people) ; )
sotongeoff

Hold you horses their Flo-girl-do not join the ranks of the excitable school girls just yet-still holding back here-no smut please

KG hello again-how you diddling

Matty2

Had some dahlia seeds,from someone we all know  and as growing them is new to me thought I'd give them a go. Germinated YAY. keeping them going may be a problem. It's where i always fall down. No veg seeds appeared though, plenty of flowering  seeds germinated as ever, moving them to next stage and onwards is the trouble.

Koalagirl

Hi Geoff.  Sitting in the conservatory with a cuppa dreaming of summer and waiting for the aussie contingent to finish cooking dinner.

Bunny ...
Evening all

Managed Aldi and Asda,,,the excitement , got some flower seeds in Aldi and cold frame as you do when OH with you he now fancies a 'party' tonight so alcohol chilling eeeeeeeee .
Pleased days have gone well for you all, JC , daughters , keys, OHs ....haven't you all been busy . ....well other than Geoff tsk .
I have only done potatoes the once , don't think I left them long enough, in a bag , kept topping up in growth, tiny when took them out but did taste better, perhaps I should try again ....not sure I know what I'm doing though, novice at veg ...well novice at it all as I'm sure you have gathered hehe.

Right need me comfys on ....
Busy-Lizzie

Evening all, been a dull, grey, wet day - feeling a bit dull, grey and wet myself so I've read what you've written and can't think of anything to add.  Am I the only one who hasn't bought seed potatoes yet? Next week forecast is good, perhaps I'll cheer myself up with trip to GC.

Advertisement

Koalagirl

I enjoy growing earlies.  I grow them in sacks and love sticking my hand down the side and broggling for potatoes for my tea.  I just rinse them under the tap, cook them with a sprig of mint and then eat them with a big lump of butter. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Bunny ...
****holds hands high***** meeeeee meeeeeeee haven't bought any seed potatoes, wasn't going to now feel I should .
Bunny ...
They look great...ohhhhhhhq ohhhhhhhhh what to doooooooooo
figrat
Aa that reminds me - mint in the trough's on the move too!
Miss Becks

Those look great KG! Hope mine look like that.