London (change)
Today 14°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
14/02/2013 at 17:20

Oh forgot to mention that I bought some seed spuds and they're chitting away in the GH as well - never grown them intentionally before, but have had a few come up from what I presume was undigested compost, thought I'd give first earlies a go. 

Just off to pop bloke's V. card through his letterbox - same every year, I chop out the letters from newspapers and glue them on like you'd send a ransom note! I wonder if he will know who it's from?

14/02/2013 at 17:25

Hello all. Been having a major catch-up. Loved all the bunny stuff - I remember when we had a horsey theme going a while back - that was before they were found in meat products.

Glad to hear Dean's OH and Jean's daughter doing well

Had a really busy day not seeing much of the sun so am crashing out for an hour before heading off to belly dancing.

Back later

14/02/2013 at 17:54
Well, an early finish was awarded, so nipped into the plot on the way home to check all was well!
All the autumn planted Japanese onion sets, both red n white are up n on there way as is the Broad Bean (Aquadulce claudia) and both soft n hard necked garlic, so I am an "Happy Chappy"

Checked over front garden on arrival home, n in the small border the daff's are peeking through, potted tulips on there way also n the potted shrub's are all budding nicely! : )

I love this time of year! You defoe know Spring is just around the corner! : )))
14/02/2013 at 18:06

Have a good night Flo!

Yes, Dean, all getting exciting! This will be my first proper year, doing things properly (timings and so on), so am really looking forward to it!

14/02/2013 at 18:11

Dean -I have a complaint-the sweet pea seeds you sent me have not come through yet-do you handle the money-back guarantee?

14/02/2013 at 18:12

Thanks Becks.

I am looking forward to getting going on some sowing and planting as everyone else here seems to be well ahead of me. Hope it's a nice day tomorrow then I might be able to get an afternoon outside.

14/02/2013 at 18:13

Just popped in to say hi. 

I sowed some seeds in my conservatory without any additional heat the Saturday before last and they have all come up.  I feel really springlike now.  Dianthus, heleotrope, leeks, parsley and basil.  I grow basil in the kitchen practically all year round.  My potatoes are sitting in their egg boxes chitting away merrily also (Lady Cristl and Charlotte).  

I got home from work before the sun went down and had a little wander around the garden.  I can hardly wait until I can come home from work and mow the front lawn.

I was on the local radio last week and nobody heard.   I tried to signal to my niece that I was on the radio and she misunderstood and turned it off!  I had phoned in with the answer to a competition - the fabulous prize was a Splash FM mug.

14/02/2013 at 18:18
Geoff!

Did you not read the T & C's? (You of all people) ; )
14/02/2013 at 18:19

Hold you horses their Flo-girl-do not join the ranks of the excitable school girls just yet-still holding back here-no smut please

KG hello again-how you diddling

14/02/2013 at 18:23
Hey KG!

That is living the life!
14/02/2013 at 18:24

Had some dahlia seeds,from someone we all know  and as growing them is new to me thought I'd give them a go. Germinated YAY. keeping them going may be a problem. It's where i always fall down. No veg seeds appeared though, plenty of flowering  seeds germinated as ever, moving them to next stage and onwards is the trouble.

14/02/2013 at 18:24

Hi Geoff.  Sitting in the conservatory with a cuppa dreaming of summer and waiting for the aussie contingent to finish cooking dinner.

14/02/2013 at 18:28
Evening all

Managed Aldi and Asda,,,the excitement , got some flower seeds in Aldi and cold frame as you do when OH with you he now fancies a 'party' tonight so alcohol chilling eeeeeeeee .
Pleased days have gone well for you all, JC , daughters , keys, OHs ....haven't you all been busy . ....well other than Geoff tsk .
I have only done potatoes the once , don't think I left them long enough, in a bag , kept topping up in growth, tiny when took them out but did taste better, perhaps I should try again ....not sure I know what I'm doing though, novice at veg ...well novice at it all as I'm sure you have gathered hehe.

Right need me comfys on ....
14/02/2013 at 18:29
Hello koala girl
14/02/2013 at 18:40

Evening all, been a dull, grey, wet day - feeling a bit dull, grey and wet myself so I've read what you've written and can't think of anything to add.  Am I the only one who hasn't bought seed potatoes yet? Next week forecast is good, perhaps I'll cheer myself up with trip to GC.

14/02/2013 at 18:44

I enjoy growing earlies.  I grow them in sacks and love sticking my hand down the side and broggling for potatoes for my tea.  I just rinse them under the tap, cook them with a sprig of mint and then eat them with a big lump of butter. mmmmmmmmmmmm

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18613.jpg?width=319&height=350&mode=max

14/02/2013 at 18:44
****holds hands high***** meeeeee meeeeeeee haven't bought any seed potatoes, wasn't going to now feel I should .
14/02/2013 at 18:45
They look great...ohhhhhhhq ohhhhhhhhh what to doooooooooo
14/02/2013 at 18:49
Aa that reminds me - mint in the trough's on the move too!
14/02/2013 at 18:51

Those look great KG! Hope mine look like that.