London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
15/02/2013 at 09:13

My GC doesn't sell tea and cake  It's shut for lunch, very inconvenient. There is a bigger GC near Bergerac that has a cafe, but it's an hour's drive away.

15/02/2013 at 09:15
No tea and cake **gasps** shocking of them take cake and a flask
15/02/2013 at 09:24
Good plan Bunny, I like a nice bit of tea and cake myself. Think we will go to Harlow Carr tomorrow and use my afternoon tea vouchers at Betty's. Looking a bit out.

Forgot to plant my allium bulbs, so will do that this PM and hope for the best! Will put them in pots as ground sodden.

Morning all, by the way! Dentist this morning. Rearranged from snowy Wednesday.
Catch you later, enjoy the GCs.
Glyn
15/02/2013 at 09:27

Pepper dog and I are going to stand outside Sainsbury's with a collecting tin this morning collecting for rescue dogs. Just looking out warm kit. No GC for me today.

See y'all later.

15/02/2013 at 09:33

Well done Flo, just make sure you wrap up warm enough. I hope people give, but the English are usually pretty generous. There are hardly any charity shops in France. I think the French think they pay their taxes and the State should pay for everything.

15/02/2013 at 09:39
Oh that's a lovely thing to do flo , olive sends snuffles and wags for all...
Stay warm , plenty hot drinks to keep you going, hope people give well generally we as a nation are pretty soft for dogs

Think it will be local one I shall go, only small limited stock but not a huge chain which I approve of and as the sister branch is over the border in Scotland tend to sell hardy plants which suit my garden
Sore foot today, OH has taken pooch out , I shall sort breakfast/brunch on their return .
15/02/2013 at 10:15

Hello all. Bright and sunny here at the moment but as I'm still car-less I won't be going to the GC. Shame as tea and cake would be nice.

I did some collecting for Guide Dogs a while ago outside Tesco, helping my friend out, and had a trainee dog with me (on loan). Got lots of donations and everyone stopped to make a fuss of the dog, who was extremely well behaved. Am sure you will do well Flo. I did notice though that the people who gave most generously were the ones who had dog food in their trollies!

Talk of bulbs reminds me I have some lily bulbs in pots somewhere - but can't remember where! Will have to investigate over the weekend!

15/02/2013 at 10:17

Morning lovelies.

Lovely day out there. Jess's last day at nursery, then half term! Hope the weather stays like this.

Slept terrible, and have a bad back now. May turn the mattress later.

Great links Gary. I like stuff like that. Although not landing in my garden.

Lovely pic Pam. I love the colour!

Good luck Flo! Maybe you could belly dance at the same time to raise the funds??

15/02/2013 at 10:21

Grunt-futtocks all

Another lazy day-did not wake up till 8 and then lolled

Flo-I hope you collect oodles today-am with you in spirit

And now the weather-it will stay mildish for the next few days -but is set to get much colder again from midweek-so all those who think Spring is here-you have been warned

15/02/2013 at 10:33
Flo I am sure you will collect loads Geoff: need to do a bit here and there, otherwise spring will be here and you will need to do everything double pronto! Have been out there. Sun is lovely. Opened cold frame to let a little fresh air in. Could eat a lettuce out of there on Sunday. Would love collecting, gardening, GC, cake and tea. Alas, saltmines calling!
15/02/2013 at 10:34
Hehe grunt-futtocks ?? Where did you get that ...I shall be saying that today now..

Belly dancing would keep you warm too Flo , maybe there will be a YouTube clip later...or perhaps on the news

I shall not get carried away by the sun weather forecaster which has begun to appear ...yey.

Half term this week here , funny how places different . Right off to jolly OH into building (slotting together) cold frame so I can play with it . I shall get all the pieces out then look bewildered and sigh. That should work
15/02/2013 at 10:39

J Peasmold Grunt-Futtock-Flo will know

Ah but Sue you have work and other things to do-done all that-dont need to rush nowadays

15/02/2013 at 10:42
Geoff: rush, rush, rush, work, work, work. Even a spot of bus chasing with teenage daughter this morning!!!
15/02/2013 at 10:47

Just returned from GC. I had been planning to buy a couple of pots, but abandoned plans when I discovered that GC has just got new stock of plug plants - petunias, lobelia, etc, I like these and they sell out quite quickly. So ended up buying some. Got some strawberres (that I don't need), 4 for  £2; and some tomatoes (that I don't really need), 4 for £2.30.

They also had some bags of niger seed marked 'end of season clearance'; not a lot cheaper than normal, but every little helps.

15/02/2013 at 11:03
Haaaa tut @ extra purchases

I had to look it it Geoff

Cold frame built , slot together, bit waffy but ideal for me on the decking .

Best get on with the day now , the sun is shining, blue sky happy days .
15/02/2013 at 11:15
Bunny. Cold frame ok then? Thinking of getting one myself.
15/02/2013 at 11:37

Bunny, do we get a pic of the coldframe?? And what does 'bit waffy' mean??

15/02/2013 at 11:43

Good morning everyone.

Back from the wilds of Warwickshire, beautiful county, but boy was it cold. Lots of snow over Stow on the Wold way, like being in fairy land. You will have to fill me in on anything of importance I have missed, far too many posts to catch up on.

Out into the garden today, far too nice to be indoors.

Love the pansies, Pam. my violas in pots look sick. will have to pick them over and see if I can rescue them, hopefully with a few days warmth they will revive.

We visited a GC in Burford, It was soo expensive didn't buy anything, only garden voucher for SIL birthday oh and a packet of dry cured bacon from farm shop, greatly reduced

Have a nice day folks, must away and do something OH just making coffee. no cake though have got to be good, ate too much on hols.

ChrisX

15/02/2013 at 11:53
Just helping OH and making a brew , shall take a pic.... I may need help from Geoff with meaning of waffy
15/02/2013 at 12:18

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18628.jpg?width=166&height=221&mode=max

lightweight, slots together , il dismantle in winter as may blow away hehe. easy moved about ,least the dog cant crack any glass on this unlike greenhouse