London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 16°C
15/02/2013 at 22:45
Night liz , we have film on then be bed here too....
15/02/2013 at 22:54

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18655.jpg?width=277&height=350&mode=max

This is the sort of garden I like, Harlow Carr, last August.

15/02/2013 at 23:03
Liz, I love Harlow Carr, especially the late summer prairie planting and the alpine House. Hoping to pop over tomorrow.
15/02/2013 at 23:06
I need to see gardens , that's next on mine and OHs garden to do list
15/02/2013 at 23:17
Snowdrop Walk next weekend I think, I need garden visit therapy! I seem to relax as soon as I walk in.
15/02/2013 at 23:19
Greetings all. Back from the saltmines briefly. Harlow carr - wonderful. No better place. Gardening is addictive. Remember my Dad doing garden. Grew loads of veg. Remember my brother sitting at dinner table and saying what are we having with cabbage tonight? Ha ha, everynight was cabbage. Was a glut! !
15/02/2013 at 23:32
The farm down the lane has snowdrops galore ...lovely to see. Shall have to walk (be dragged) down for look and walk on to ford for a swim (her not us)

Pleased you survived salt land sue, hehe cabbage..I love cabbage, dad never grew veg I do think, I remember him netting raspberries
15/02/2013 at 23:33
That's dog drag us ..hehe
15/02/2013 at 23:41
I like cabbage too. Even after all that Never really thought about it but suppose my Dad inpired me.
Must go now. Back at saltmines at 7.30am. Not looking forward to it. All rest of family out at parties etc, Peace.
15/02/2013 at 23:46
That's too early for a Saturday Sue! Dad got me started too, had my own veg patch and flower bed in the back garden. Runner beans were always my favourite. Hope your have a good day tomorrow.
15/02/2013 at 23:49
White Cabbage with vinegar and ham ribs I remember .
Ohhh 7.30 starts I remember those , just daydream of seeeeeeds, plannnnttttsssss, sunshiney evenings sleep wel

I am going to ring mum tomo and question the veg thing, maybe I was too young to remember ..
15/02/2013 at 23:52
Night all, I'm off now too.
15/02/2013 at 23:54
Nite
16/02/2013 at 08:25

Good morning, good heavens I'm first up, unless someone nips in while I'm typing.

Glyn, I chose Harlow Carr from last year's album partly because you said you were going on Saturday, so I hope you have a lovely time. I wonder what it's like in February?

Forecast was for 0° this morning, but it's -6° and frost.

16/02/2013 at 08:33

Morning forkers,

It's 8.30 and the sun is well up. It's a bit misty, but the mist will soon burn away.

This morning I need to pot up all the little plug plants I bought from GC yesterday.

Enjoyed Monty last night - best of the series. It seemed the least practical program of all. A garden as art - an area for meditation and contemplation. Monty, in his tatty blue rags, certainly looked the part of the bohemian painter.

I intend to do some garden contemplation this afternoon, making good use of the deckchair in the greenhouse.

16/02/2013 at 08:45

Morning everyone - wherever you are.

Haven't seen Monty yet, sounds like one to look forward to.

My youngest sister is about to arrive for the rest of th w/e so donkeys keep away as hind legs will be talked off  

Have a good day one and all.

16/02/2013 at 08:46

Morning All.

Gary,-- Just goes to show how much peoples opinions differ. I thought last nights French Gardens was the worst one of all in the series. Didn't know whether we were watching a programme on French impressionist painters or gardens. The only garden I really liked was Monet's and then it had an English Head Gardener. We visited it a few years ago, and yes it is beautiful especially the water gardens, but give me an English garden any day of the week. But it is only my opinion, so pleased you enjoyed the programme. Vive le difference. Lovely picture of Harlow Car, now that is a garden 

Enjoy your day forkers, make the most of the mild weather, set to get cold again next week.

ChrisX

16/02/2013 at 08:55
Morning

Dull , grey here ..due drizzle not sure my plans today . Hope you all enjoy yours...

Potting up
Hind legging
Sun and frost
16/02/2013 at 09:12

Monty's program was certainly marmitelike. I can imagine many people thinking that it was dreadful. But it was thoughtful, which is what I like. Monty asked many of the people in the program - can a garden be art. It's a really good question. It's a question that was certainly on Monty's mind, and mine. Anyway, I shall contemplate the answer further, and at lengh, from my deckchair.

16/02/2013 at 09:17
Deck chair sounds good wish I could fit one in mine hehehe