London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
18/02/2013 at 21:47
Right finally caught up , confused but maybe I always was...
18/02/2013 at 21:56
Greetings all. Sorry a lot of you are suffering and taking painkillers I was back from the saltmines sometime ago. Ate tea - steak and chips, then immediately fell asleep on sofa. OH gone to bed. Kids gone out to party - again. Am envious of you all doing your gardening. Good news though. No more saltmines soon. Got that job - even without the plunging neckline.
18/02/2013 at 21:59

Phew, just amended Tesco for tomorrow. Nearly forgot.

Sort of watching the cute penguins. Daughter back, more painting , already gone up to bed. She did point out how much dryer the 'lawn' was after the couple of dry, sunny days we'd had. Hmm, still totally soggy in my book. Shall 'spike it' & top dress with her old play sand! Knew I'd find a use for it after all these yrs. I seriously think shall 'find' a path to one side of it as you can see the change in grass (!) texture/colour when you look out of the bedroom window.

Have printed off RHS pruning advice for old trees- poster put links on for me, otherwise I'd be floundering around their site. Bjay- I've got a huge RHS bible too, must consult it more often, but not really portable.

Somehow the usual advice re leaving an established/neglected garden alone for the first yr is going to be very difficult. Still little at a time. Shall do the nearest bits to the house first & the bottom bit whenever- that's the worst bit for hidden objects I found.

The front garden isnt too big, a joint Leyland hedge between the 2 houses, beautifully trimmed to a sensible lowish height. A green patch, moss. A couple of sorry looking Hebes- not enough space nor sun so they wont do well. A mop-head  hydrangea, 2 nice-looking, thin conifers, still small, a skimmia, some bulbs- yay- & real primroses- not polyanthus! On the verge outside is a mature copper beech. All in all it's a good size plot, so how much should I charge?? J.

18/02/2013 at 22:02

Well done Sue!!

At least £10 an hour jo! She owes you a fair bit already!

18/02/2013 at 22:06

Jo -how can I break this to you-gently-it is not your garden

Seriously-take it easy- you know it doesn't all have to be done at once-I shall remind you when you say energy levels low etc -

Sue-great news when do you start?

18/02/2013 at 22:07

Found the problem. It was a trojan horse. According to anti-virus it has been dealt with.

Still none the wiser.

Whats one of them Becks ?

Jo, don't take too much on . Sure other people will help as well

Evening Sue.

18/02/2013 at 22:07

Yes, congrats Sue!

Too right Becks. I was thinking double that! Petrol, food, painkillers..... 

I think OH will not be pleased when she says the paint colour they, mainly she, did yesterday hasnt dried to quite what she wants after all...

Off now, to read up on fruit tree pruning....... night all, J.

18/02/2013 at 22:08

Congrats Sue.  When can you start?

You know Jo all that rubble may be useful elsewhere in garden. I try to re-cycle whatever I find. But I have a feeling you do as well

18/02/2013 at 22:10

Sorry Sue, congrats from me too

18/02/2013 at 22:11

Geoff, I do know that, honestly....mine come first! Energy levels not too bad this week, then another 'dose' & back to square one again. Still soon be over. J.

18/02/2013 at 22:14

This is one Jean...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18761.jpg?width=200&height=251&mode=max

18/02/2013 at 22:16
18/02/2013 at 22:17

Obviously destined not to read up on pruning!

I know Bjay. I spotted several slabs from where there was a greenhouse, some also leaning against the side fence down there too. Pallets, spare, next to the pallet-made compost bin. Bricks, bits of all sorts in the scrub. IME all gardeners keep all those odd bits for 'just in case' but since no shed at the mo, that could be a problem. The floor in the 'garage' is decidedly unsafe, so no chance of using that. J.

18/02/2013 at 22:18
Well done sue ....when the leaving do ? Shall we bring wine?

Think early night for me , been camping at seaside , sun, frost (on sand even), wind ...rosy cheeks (face not butt ) .
All well til dog rolls around twice on rotting seal carcass this morning ...ewww 6 shampoo later still stinks of rotting fish

Owl central outside ... Must be 4owls at front .
18/02/2013 at 22:18

That reminds me - must check my bit defender

18/02/2013 at 22:19
Jean Trojan horse ...hmmmm
18/02/2013 at 22:20
Bit defender rosa don't tell the boys m
18/02/2013 at 22:20

This paragraph is simpler Jean.

A Trojan Horse is full of as much trickery as the mythological Trojan Horse it was named after. The Trojan Horse, at first glance will appear to be useful software but will actually do damage once installed or run on your computer.  Those on the receiving end of a Trojan Horse are usually tricked into opening them because they appear to be receiving legitimate software or files from a legitimate source.  When a Trojan is activated on your computer, the results can vary. Some Trojans are designed to be more annoying than malicious (like changing your desktop, adding silly active desktop icons) or they can cause serious damage by deleting files and destroying information on your system. Trojans are also known to create a backdoor on your computer that gives malicious users access to your system, possibly allowing confidential or personal information to be compromised. Unlike viruses and worms, Trojans do not reproduce by infecting other files nor do they self-replicate.

Not that I'm saying you're simple. Just it reads better.

18/02/2013 at 22:21
Well done Sue
18/02/2013 at 22:22

Do not confuse it with these...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18765.jpg?width=225&height=225&mode=max